Dame wont play 'Meaningless' games

Deadpulse

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lost some respect for the Nuggets after that series loss, especially after seeing the Warriors sweep them by playing hard for a good five minutes a game...Literally all it took to get those bums out of there. At least the Blazers series was super entertaining though! 

blazers peak while nuggets had their first visit figuring it out. it took my previous son carmelo 6 years to get out of the first round. we'll be okay. that blazers team still sucked tho 

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

blazers peak while nuggets had their first visit figuring it out. it took my previous son carmelo 6 years to get out of the first round. we'll be okay. that blazers team still sucked tho 

Denver's end of game play was just putrid. Blame that 100%. Just watching Murray dribble the air out of the ball and chuck up a contested 3 was terrible EoG play.

There's no way to make everyone happy. You just need to pick something and roll with it. If they want to do just the current playoffs teams as is, so be it. 

Do a play in game with the 8th and 9th seeds/ 7th and 10 seeds in a winner take all game if you want to add some spunk.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Denver's end of game play was just putrid. Blame that 100%. Just watching Murray dribble the air out of the ball and chuck up a contested 3 was terrible EoG play.

yeah - jamal and millsap went like a combined 7/31 in game 7. think jamal was like 7/38 in games 6 and 7 or something like that. just completely fumbled the bag. blew game 3, but showed a lot of guts to come out and win game 4 in POR. on to the next one i suppose 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Do a play in game with the 8th and 9th seeds/ 7th and 10 seeds in a winner take all game if you want to add some spunk.

It's too bad the season ended where it did, just like a week short of seeing teams get mathematically eliminated. Only Golden State was the only team without a shot at the playoffs. If you shorten it to 70 games (which is the proposed target amount), that means the following teams would be eliminated:

West:
Warriors
Timberwolves
Suns

East:
Cavaliers
Hawks
Pistons
Knicks
Bulls
Hornets

So for the East only the Wizards would be on the outside looking in and the Nets and Magic would not be locks

For the West the Grizzles, Blazers, Pelicans, Kings, and Spurs would all be fighting over one spot. 

It would make sense to leave the teams out of contention at home if the season is cut to 70 games. It would make sense to lock the teams who wouldnt move down the seeding into their current playoff spot. IE in the East the 76ers are 9 games up on the next closest with only 6 left to play in a 70 game season. Leave them and everyone ahead of them home until the playoffs. For the West, leave everyone home currently in the top 8 home except for Memphis who are 7 games back from 7th seeded Mavs. 

Create a 6-7 game schedule (depending on games played for the team) for the following teams:
Grizzles
Blazers
Pelicans
Kings
Spurs
Wizards
Magic
Nets

Thats 24 total games which you should be able to do in about 2 weeks tops. Keep their old records and see if the Wizards can win out to unseat one of Orlando or Brooklyn. More likely, watch Booklyn and Orlando jockey for 7th seed. The west would be a free for all with Spurs being only 4 games back with everyone else inbetween the Grizzles and them. 

They would salvage some of the regular season tv deal reqs but not all, while limiting exposure risk. I think it would be a solid compromise between health/safety and making money. Then again, probably not for those who stand to make the money. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm fine with all of that @Deadpulse. Time is an issue even with how you proposed it. Like I said, there will be some people that will be pissed, but it is what it is. It's better than nothing. 

now that I am thinking about it more, you could do more of a round robin as opposed to an actual schedule. As soon as a team gets eliminated from contention, send them home and safe. For instance if the Wizards lost their first game, they are mathematically eliminated and dont need to play anymore games. 

• Like 1