BFMD: Lean, Mean, and Quarantined Edition

Reginaldm9

Are you sick of being stuck at home? Brother-in-law got you down with claims that you never nail your predictions? Do you have nothing better to do than draft a 45 man roster and 3 coaches over the course of weeks? Well then come on down and sign up for the new, unimproved edition of BFMD.

The rules

You will serve as the sole owner and operator of a franchise you've created all your own. You will draft a 45 man roster and 3 coaches to run the team. Any schemes or team information are of your own design. 

Rounds 1-11: One player per pick
- Rounds 12-22: Two players per pick
- Rounds 23-27: Three players per pick
- You can draft your coaches at any time, as early/late as you want.
- All positions should be drafted (including special teams).
- Only current NFL players may be drafted (recent draftees included).
- Player contracts are not important unless a player decides to hold out in real life (which would be bad for your team).
- If a player is injured in real life, it's bad for your team.
- All NFL and NCAA coaches are available for draft. 
- If you can't be online for your pick, send me or a representative a message with who you'd like picked. Otherwise, you get skipped.
- The objective is to build a Super Bowl winning team for this year.

What is it?
The NFL has disbanded all its teams. All players are thrown into a pool and are available to draft. New franchises are started, and you're one of the GM's. We draft our teams, building them however we want. This is not a fantasy football draft. We draft full teams, all positions.

How does it work?
The original draft order will be randomized. From there, we'll have a serpentine draft (2nd round will be reverse order of the 1st round, and keep the pattern throughout). Will we draft a full 53-man roster? Probably not. Last year, we drafted 45 players, but it ultimately depends on how many participants we have. In addition to players, we'll also be choosing 3 coaches (head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator).

To win

I like the idea of getting points at the end of the season. Highest score wins. You earn points when one of the following happens:

1 point for every player drafted who makes the super bowl

3 points for every player drafted who makes the pro bowl

5 points for every player who wins an end of season award

Comment below if...

1. You are saying you're in. I think having any more than 12 teams is a mistake. If we get more than 12 interested we should pair up. 

2. You're suggesting a rule/change. 

3. You're posting that duck that laughs

-

• Like 1

I'm not thrilled with how you get points. I was onboard until then.

If it was more stat driven... Like fantasy football on steroids. Oline scores by number of starts + pff grade. Bonus points for pro bowl or all pro

Combo stats with pff grades, plus awards. The team success is inconsequential to the players score is my primary take.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm not thrilled with how you get points. I was onboard until then.

If it was more stat driven... Like fantasy football on steroids. Oline scores by number of starts + pff grade. Bonus points for pro bowl or all pro

Combo stats with pff grades, plus awards. The team success is inconsequential to the players score is my primary take.

Under my proposed scoring system, only 1 point is added per player drafted who makes the superbowl. That's the only acknowledgement of team success. Everything else is an individual award. 

With how these have gone in the past, anything beyond rudimentary counting/judging never gets scored. If you're volunteering to be the guy that creates the stat driven system then I'm down with using it. Otherwise, we're going to need something a lot simpler. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Under my proposed scoring system, only 1 point is added per player drafted who makes the superbowl. That's the only acknowledgement of team success. Everything else is an individual award. 

With how these have gone in the past, anything beyond rudimentary counting/judging never gets scored. If you're volunteering to be the guy that creates the stat driven system then I'm down with using it. Otherwise, we're going to need something a lot simpler. 

No prob 👍 I'd love to. Send me the point system from before, and I'll send you back a proposal for an amended system.

37 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Let’s be real. No one is going to keep track of this once the draft is finished. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let’s be real. No one is going to keep track of this once the draft is finished. 

We could just go by most points scored for position players in a standard fantasy league. For defensive players and offensive line you'd probably have to do something more sophisticated. Maybe then apply a bonus point for each pro bowl player and a second bonus point for 1st team all pro at their position.

Highest scoring QB gets 12 points and then 11 and so on... Same with RB/WR/TE/K.

Might even be able to do that with defensive players if there is a fantasy league that scores every defensive position. Punters too maybe.

Offensive line would have to be bonus points though and we could give bonus points if your HC makes the playoffs (NFL or College).

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

We could just go by most points scored for position players in a standard fantasy league. For defensive players and offensive line you'd probably have to do something more sophisticated. Maybe then apply a bonus point for each pro bowl player and a second bonus point for 1st team all pro at their position.

Highest scoring QB gets 12 points and then 11 and so on... Same with RB/WR/TE/K.

Might even be able to do that with defensive players if there is a fantasy league that scores every defensive position. Punters too maybe.

Offensive line would have to be bonus points though and we could give bonus points if your HC makes the playoffs (NFL or College).

My thought is:

QB - 1pt every 100yrds passing or running/ 3pt every TD, -0.5 every INT

+

1pt every 50-100 yard game running, 2pts every 101+ yard game running, 1pt for 300-399 yard games passing, 2pts for 400+ yard games passing

+

2pt every win, 3pt every playoff win, 5pt Superbowl win.

Skill players -

1pt every 100yrds run or rec, 0.2pt per rec, 3pt every TD, -0.5 every fumble

+

WR - 1pt every 100-199 rec yard game, 2pts every 200+ yard game, 3pts 1,000-1499 rec yard season, 5pts 1,500+ yard season

RB - 1pt every 100-199 yard game running, 2pts every 200+ yard game running, 1pt every 50-100 yard game rec, 2pts every 101+ yard game rec, 3pts 1,000-1499 yard season running, 5pts 1,500+ yard season running, 3pts 500+ yard season rec

TE - 1pt every 75-100 yard game rec, 2pts every 101+ yard game rec, 3pts 750-1,000 yard season rec, 5pts 1,001+ yard season rec

+

Pffgrade ÷ 10, 2pts for 80+ pffgrade

+

1pt playoff win, 3pts Superbowl win

OL -

OT - 2pt every start + (pff grade ÷10) + 5pts for pffgrade over 80

Interior OL - 1pt every start + (pffgrade ÷10) + 3pts for pffgrade over 80

+

1pt playoff win, 3pts Superbowl win

Edited by Fatgerman
  • Like 1

Defense:

3pts a sack, 2pts tfl

+

0.2pt per tackle,1pt for a 10+ tackle game, 1pt FF

+

1pt per PD, 3pts per INT

+

pffgrade ÷ 10, 2pts for pffgrade over 80

+

3pts Superbowl win

Special teams

Kickers - 0.5pt kick made, -0.5pt kick missed

ST overall rank 1-5=5pts, 6-10=3pts, 11-20=1pt, 21-32= 0pts

Edited by Fatgerman

Alright so just a running tally of those who said they’re in:

1. Me

2. @Fatgerman

3. @cortes02

4. @sdrawkcab321

5. @BleedTheClock

If we can get five more we can get this thing off the ground. 

any more takers? @Thomas5737 @Kiwibrown @buno67 @candyman93 @NudeTayne @LETSGOBROWNIES @Bucketheadsdad @mistakey @MWil23 @NateDawg @otherusernamesicantrememberatthemoment

• Like 2