Name Your favorite All time Redskin Player

Gentleman who are your favorite all time redskin player/players. Now this will no doubt be based on the age/era in which one was raised up. For me I have to go way back to the age of seven, 1964 to be exact. Sonny Jurgensen  and Charlie Taylor. Sunny a six foot pot belly pure pocket gun slinger was to me the best QB ever. and Taylor is a Texan like me was a complete player. These two was  the most dangerous  QB and WR duo in the NFL during the sixties. I wonder how many Texans will be mentioned here. 

Watch this catch at the 14:57 mark I remember this play like it was yesterday. 

• Like 1

Growing up it was Green. I was short and fast and I liked playing CB and Safety. Then when I was in high school I loved watching Sean at Miami. Now I’d have to say my favorite current Redskin is Would be Chase and not just because who he is. But because when I started going to live local HS games he and Haskins were some of the local guys I’ve been watching who just happened to come here. A lot of local roots on this roster.

Monk was my moms favorite and it’s why I probably loved watching Terry just pluck passes out the air last year. My pops always talked about Sonny and Riggo. The Hogs are a huge part of the legends of my childhood. I didn’t get too see the great days but I got to hear about them every day. I’m actually excited because so many prospects in recent drafts I’ve been high on. If Haskins takes the leap we could be heading into a really fun time as fans. It’s up to the rest of these home grown and leaders but Haskins could potentially spark a window if he was to mature past expectation

• Like 1

1:Sean Taylor
2:Darrel Green

3rd is most likely London Fletcher was/Is a great person off the field,but loved watching him play and lead the defense and adjust them to the offense,remember watching him once cover Young Djax down the slot on a streak at his old age was always such a competitor.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

1:Sean Taylor
2:Darrel Green

3rd is most likely London Fletcher was/Is a great person off the field,but loved watching him play and lead the defense and adjust them to the offense,remember watching him once cover Young Djax down the slot on a streak at his old age was always such a competitor.

I loved watching London live 2012!!!! He was amazing!!! He looked like a young man that year. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm an old guy. There is only one - The inimitable Sonny Jurgensen. The swagger, the grin, the arm, the bravado- A true Man's Man !

Then honorable mention - Dexter Manley .

Guys like Ark Monk, Gary Clark, Big Joe Jacobi, Russ Grimm et al . We've had some great players. Oops, and a shout out to The Diesel !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 3

Sean Taylor

Darrell Green

LaVar Arrington

Clinton Portis

These four are my all-time favorites. I’d probably elevate Sean above the rest but that’s my list. Green, in my opinion, is the greatest corner to play the game based on his size and what he was capable of doing against bigger foes. Arrington, despite the way fans feel about him, was simply nasty when Schottenheimer and Lewis were running the defense. You saw the immense talent and gamewrecking ability during that period. Portis was just an exceptional talent. Hell of a team player and a top 5 back for most of his career. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lot of great Redskins....

Lots of Greats....

But only 1 legend & my absolute favorite!

And he is none other than 'Slingin Sammy Baugh.

I get that!!! I think Sammy just never gets his because of how far back that is but the fact his numbers are what they are it’s crazy he’s a absolute beast!!! Heard him in interviews ultimate competitor!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lots of Greats....

Good choice. Would loved to have seen him play in that era. Tough as nails ol Texan . QB, punter and safety - dang !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lots of Greats....

Dam!!!!!! @acienthehouse Sammy Baugh you go way back. My father (Dire Heart Cowboy) would talk to me about Sammy Baugh, Bob Waterfield, Bobby Layne, Doak Walker, Otto Graham etc when I was a young Boy.  He told me Sammy was a helluva passer. Everybody had no face mask and wore those high top football shoes back then. LOL. I didn't start learning more about Sammy until the early 80's. He is instead a Redskin legend. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Darrell Green’s stop at the goal line vs the Vikings which propelled us to the Super Bowl in 88.

@turtle28   I remember this play by Green as a matter of fact I remember all of the plays posted here. Now @ancienthehouse well Sammy was before my time. Green no doubt made  a lot key pivotal plays. Now when we drafted Green. i was well aware of him b/c I keep up with Texas football (High school/College). Initially I was a little worried about him (size) b/c he was a standout track performer. You don't anything like Green getting loose on the field.  He wasn't that well know outside of the Texas arena during his college days. A typical Beathard sleeper pick. I remember his first TD. Great player for his size.

• Like 1

Mr. Green Mr. NFL's fastest man atleast twice, a true Washington Redskin through and through the only DB to play 2 decades and not lose a step.  Ok maybe he lost a few steps but he was still even top 5 fastest when he retired.  The dude will always be a legend in my book.

Edited by Legend_Kenny4ever
  • Like 2