Who is on the "hottest" of seats going into 2020?

MikeT14

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, they really dropped the ball. That's why I think it's so funny that they blamed UCLA in their statement. It's a bit on both. UCLA declined in both football and basketball since the UA deal. Google "under armour ucla shoes" , they're pretty bad. Their main site put all the merch on sale. I'm waiting and hoping for a Jordan deal. 

I'm hoping ya'll get a deal with LA Gear.

Back to the subject though, after really looking at the situation UCLA is in right now. Chip Kelly has to win 6 games or be a part of the reason we get a deal with Nike. He has a connection with Phil and Nike's COO Andy Campion is a former Bruin. If they link everything together and basically save the program before football season, they're not going to fire him even if he doesn't hit 6. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Back to the subject though, after really looking at the situation UCLA is in right now. Chip Kelly has to win 6 games or be a part of the reason we get a deal with Nike. He has a connection with Phil and Nike's COO Andy Campion is a former Bruin. If they link everything together and basically save the program before football season, they're not going to fire him even if he doesn't hit 6. 

As long as Kelly doesn't set the second Tuesday of the month to negotiate for a new deal, I think things will be OK.  But I do think your notion of wins is a bit off.  They've really regressed from where Mora had the program, and I think he has to break even this year.  

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As long as Kelly doesn't set the second Tuesday of the month to negotiate for a new deal, I think things will be OK.  But I do think your notion of wins is a bit off.  They've really regressed from where Mora had the program, and I think he has to break even this year.  

I say 6 games for 3 reasons. 1. It's what Mora had before he was fired. 2. It shows progress in wins since he first started. 3. We get our first bowl game under him. 

He may be protected for another 2 seasons though because of his contract, we're still paying Mora, new AD, and the idea of how long it takes for him to "develop his guys for his system". I don't care for Chip. But if we can pick up a legit brand and get into a bowl game, that will change everything recruiting wise. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1279038605994921989

Mike Gundy’s contract shortened from 5-year rollover to 4-years w/pay cut after internal review, sources told@ Stadium. In 2019 Gundy made $5.125M. Review launched after RB Chuba Hubbard tweeted “I will not be doing anything w/OSU until things CHANGE” after Gundy wore OAN T-shirt

On 7/3/2020 at 10:25 AM, JTagg7754 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1279038605994921989

Mike Gundy’s contract shortened from 5-year rollover to 4-years w/pay cut after internal review, sources told@ Stadium. In 2019 Gundy made $5.125M. Review launched after RB Chuba Hubbard tweeted “I will not be doing anything w/OSU until things CHANGE” after Gundy wore OAN T-shirt

This was Gundy's idea - pretty misleading tweet and/or headline.

• Like 1