Who is on the "hottest" of seats going into 2020?

MikeT14

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

If Notre Dame has to cancel its season (which would be the first time since 1891 they did not play), they could re-evaluate whether Brian Kelly is truly the right fit for the program.

I wonder if there is a lull- even if it's to a spring season and not an outright cancellation-will teams do this?  It would create an unprecedented amount of time to mine the landscape for the right hire.  I could easily see Helton being on the chopping block at USC for one because of this.  

Looking into how this season plays out do to C19, I feel like a lot of coaches will get "passes" on the season. There will also be a couple "surprises" as it will be a good opportunity to part ways. It'll be interesting to see. 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s so many bad coaches that I don’t even really bother following who gets hired / fired.

How many coaches in college do you feel 100% could win a national championship if they had the infrastructure of a Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and OSU?

I really don’t think there’s that many.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There’s so many bad coaches that I don’t even really bother following who gets hired / fired.

How many coaches in college do you feel 100% could win a national championship if they had the infrastructure of a Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and OSU?

i think i speak for everybody when i say that list starts first and foremost with gene chizik

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Since I root for two teams- one that plays on a large field and one that plays on a smaller one- I feel that success is relative.  Would I love for Navy to compete for a national title?  Sure, but that's probably not going to happen even if we had Saban or Meyer in the building.  There are too many restrictions on the players as far as the service academy goes.  For Navy, I am not happy if we are playing for the AAC title, beat Army and win our bowl game.  A national title-level event for Navy at this point would be getting the NY6 G5 invite.  

My expectations as a Georgia fan are completely different.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I get your point, but the answer is probably more than we think. If Trevor Lawrence went to ... Michigan, or Oregon, or Virginia Tech Florida, they could pull it off. It could be something as simple as that. Now maybe you think those schools have the infrastructure and that's different. Just thinking outside the box here. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If you had said Coach O 12 months ago you would have gotten laughed out of the room. More than you'd think is definitely the correct answer. 

I mean hell OU and OSU had their coaches retire and resign in disgrace, respectively, and the offensive coordinators haven't skipped a beat.

• Like 1