Madden News

This sucks.... here's to a repeat of the madden cycle next gen. Look forward to madden stripping out all it's features to start next gen while still being unable to create realistic oline/dline interaction, while also shoving DLC into everything....

• Like 6

As expected.

The NFL doesnt care about the quality of their own product as long as its making money, so obviously they are going to have the same outlook when it comes to any products with their name on it.  

EA will never make a great football game.   Forget about it.    They have no reason to.     They have a base they are content with.     They could obviously sell more copies of the game if they improved it, but between what they already sell and the money they get from idiots who pay tons of money for MUT, they already make a killing.    As long as the update the roster and graphics every year, the sheep will follow them off the cliff every time. 

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why a competitor doesn't make a football game without the NFL license and allow for roster downloads. 

You could make franchises in Madden 2005.  It's not difficult. 

When you look at the detail and time people spend making updated rosters and playbooks and such for Madden 20, all it would take would be for a video game that allows deep customization of teams, players and coaches.  You could download a roster that somebody made online of every NFL team and every NFL player and coach and all that game would be missing would be pictures of the real players. 

I guarantee if somebody did this and made franchise mode the focus, it would outsell Madden. 

On 5/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, Outpost31 said:

What I don't understand is why a competitor doesn't make a football game without the NFL license and allow for roster downloads. 

You could make franchises in Madden 2005.  It's not difficult. 

When you look at the detail and time people spend making updated rosters and playbooks and such for Madden 20, all it would take would be for a video game that allows deep customization of teams, players and coaches.  You could download a roster that somebody made online of every NFL team and every NFL player and coach and all that game would be missing would be pictures of the real players. 

I guarantee if somebody did this and made franchise mode the focus, it would outsell Madden. 

Some people on Operation Sports already do that every year with MLB The Show minor league rosters.  They usually have the first round of rosters available 48 hours after the game launches as well.  

I don't think it would outsell Madden, but I think it would do well for the company putting it out, and it would give serious pause to EA about continuing the Madden license the next time around.  

As I've said before, once the MUT phenomenon hit, EA started putting all of their resources into that basket.  There is a drastic amount of input they take from the MUT community versus the franchise/sim community, which is their most loyal.  Those would be the ones more willing to jump to another competitor.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

All of these sports are into the idea of their version of Ultimate team. It's about the money not really the product.

Exactly.  You saw that with MLB The Show.  A few years ago when Diamond Dynasty got big, they cut support for online franchise.  They brought it back with a pale imitation this year finally, but it took them long enough.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guarantee that the game will be barely improved again, and they will use the COVID 19 stuff as an excuse.....which I might buy if a) EA didnt make the short development cycle excuse EVERY SINGLE ******* YEAR and b) they still charge $60 EVERY YEAR despite admitting they dont get time to improve the game much.

Im sure MUT will be the only thing that got key additions.    Gameplay will have a few tweaks, but will ignore glaring faults the game has had for years.     A few features will be completely removed, and a new sets of gimmicky features will replace them.   And of course, Franchise will yet again be largely untouched with the usual "maybe next year" BS.  

But still, the sheep will keep buying, EA and the NFL will keep raking it in, and nothing will ever change.      Sad, but thats reality.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I guarantee that the game will be barely improved again, and they will use the COVID 19 stuff as an excuse.....which I might buy if a) EA didnt make the short development cycle excuse EVERY SINGLE ******* YEAR and b) they still charge $60 EVERY YEAR despite admitting they dont get time to improve the game much.

Im sure MUT will be the only thing that got key additions.    Gameplay will have a few tweaks, but will ignore glaring faults the game has had for years.     A few features will be completely removed, and a new sets of gimmicky features will replace them.   And of course, Franchise will yet again be largely untouched with the usual "maybe next year" BS.  

But still, the sheep will keep buying, EA and the NFL will keep raking it in, and nothing will ever change.      Sad, but thats reality.  

Usually the new console generation is when they tend to completely revamp the game, unfortunately it isn't always for the better.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:46 AM, rob_shadows said:

Usually the new console generation is when they tend to completely revamp the game, unfortunately it isn't always for the better.

But the graphics are (mildly) better. Maybe they'll add more tattoos.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, bucsfan333 said:

But the graphics are (mildly) better. Maybe they'll add more tattoos.

Remember that year one of the biggest announcements was that tattoos were being added but then it ended just being solely Colin Kaepernick that had tattoos lol

• Like 1