JT Daniels transfers to UGA; receives immediate eligibility

After sitting on this, I don't think Daniels get a waiver to play this year, so Newman should be safe.  All bets are off if the first-time transfer waiver gets approved.  

I think this means they've cooled quite a bit on Mathis being able to ever return to play.  I am unsure what this means in the future for Beck and Vandagriff.  Have to believe both of them don't like having to compete against Daniels.  My guess is that Beck could elect to transfer.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After sitting on this, I don't think Daniels get a waiver to play this year, so Newman should be safe.  All bets are off if the first-time transfer waiver gets approved.  

I think this means they've cooled quite a bit on Mathis being able to ever return to play.  I am unsure what this means in the future for Beck and Vandagriff.  Have to believe both of them don't like having to compete against Daniels.  My guess is that Beck could elect to transfer.  

I’m pretty sure there was at least some talk of Daniels potentially graduating this summer. Not sure of the latest on that, but there was a chance he wouldn’t even need a waiver. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, winitall said:

I’m pretty sure there was at least some talk of Daniels potentially graduating this summer. Not sure of the latest on that, but there was a chance he wouldn’t even need a waiver. 

That's impressive, considering he's a true Sophomore. I know there is him going in early and having the summer sessions, but still...

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I would love to know how Jamie Newman feels about this. Seemed like when transferred originally he was a lock to start - not so much a lock anymore. 

Eventually this is going to bite Kirby in the ***. I mean it already did with Shields.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Every waiver granted like this adds one more gray hair to my head that I still can't understand why Brock Hoffman was denied. It's such BS. NCAA is a joke. 

The NCAA simply grants waivers to players who people have heard of before. And don’t for everyone else. That’s literally the only conclusion anyone can draw from their actions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

The NCAA simply grants waivers to players who people have heard of before. And don’t for everyone else. That’s literally the only conclusion anyone can draw from their actions.

It's as good of analysis as any.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Eventually this is going to bite Kirby in the ***. I mean it already did with Shields.

I believe by "eventually" you mean "during the 2nd half of the Natty".

Seriously though I have no idea why anyone would care about this waiver. It's as valuable as a used sandwich wrapper.