Best corners that never even got a single Pro Bowl honor

TecmoSuperJoe

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Chris Gamble

I always felt like Munnerlyn was the better corner but Gamble is still a nice mention. 

A couple names I would throw out: Kareem Jackson, Desmond Trufant (VASTLY underrated IMO), Prince Amuka. 

Can't believe I forgot my own guy Don Griffin. Pretty decent corner that played a lot of years for the 49ers. Was part of that 1986 draft that really gave the dynasty new life, especially on defense. Same with Tim McKyer who was taken in the same draft. Two solid guys that had to start as rookies because Eric Wright got hurt. Definitely had some growing pains early. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:32 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Never really had a memory for things like Pro Bowls, but hearing that Ike and Gamble never made it to one is a shock to me. 

After watching that rerun of the 03' title game with Miami vs. OSU I completely forgot that Gamble was not only the #1 CB on the Buckeyes but he was also a WR on that team in the 2002 year. On top of that he was also the punt returner. In 2002 before primarily moving to CB he had 4 INTs on defense and 500 yards receiving 

Thats sooooo many plays to be out there.

Edited by AkronsWitness

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, I <3 Faulk said:

Ron Bartell was always one of my favorites. I don't remember if he ever made a pro bowl. 

I came here to post Ron Bartell thinking no one would of heard of him, but he immediately came to mind.

6'1 211lbs 4.37 Forty.

From 2006-2008 Bartell had 8 INTs 7 FFs 2 Sacks 1 TD. Having trouble finding any grades or rankings in pass coverage to rank him amongst his peers for the time.

• Like 1

Has Prince Amukamara been to the Pro Bowl? He first came to mind. Logan Ryan also might fit the bill.

There was a dude that played on the other side of Charles Tillman that seemed pretty good while the Bears defense still had Urlacher and Briggs, but it was only for a few years and he was never heard from again after leaving Chicago. I'd look him up but I've used up all my Google lifelines today..

On 5/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Leon Hall might be the most underrated corner I can think of. He was an elite nickel for stretches of his career. I don't think he ever made a Probowl, which is kind of sad given how good he was.

Was going to mention him along with Ken Riley.  Neither making a Pro Bowl is insanity

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Has Prince Amukamara been to the Pro Bowl? He first came to mind. Logan Ryan also might fit the bill.

There was a dude that played on the other side of Charles Tillman that seemed pretty good while the Bears defense still had Urlacher and Briggs, but it was only for a few years and he was never heard from again after leaving Chicago. I'd look him up but I've used up all my Google lifelines today..

Nate Vasher?

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Tim Jennings..?

• Like 1

He just recently passed away this month, but Ken Riley played cornerback for 15 years for the Cincinnati Bengals racking up 65 interceptions from 1969 to 1983. That's tied 5th all time with Charles Woodson. He was selected to no probowls and hasn't been a contender for the Hall of Fame either, I don't think. He was a 4 time All Pro though and in 1981 his team lost the SB to the 49ers by 5 points.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1