Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

Rio de Janeiro Pirates Trade Block
RB: Mark Ingram (BAL), Frank Gore (BUF) - 3rd Round, 10th Round
FB: Anthony Sherman (KC) - 12th Round
TE: Hunter Henry (LAC) - 7th Round
WR: Larry Fitzgerald (ARI), Allen Robinson (CHI) - 3rd Round, 4th Round
OT: Anthony Castonzo (IND), Jack Conklin (TEN) - 6th Round, 6th Round
OG: Zack Martin (DAL), David DeCastro (PIT) - 1st Round, 1st Round
C: Ben Jones (TEN) - 10th Round
DE: Carlos Dunlap (CIN), Justin Houston (IND) - 2nd Round, 2nd Round
DT: Derek Wolfe (DEN) - 8th Round
OLB: Kwon Alexander (SF), Leonard Floyd (CHI) - 13th Round, 13th Round
MLB: Shaq Thompson (CAR) - 9th Round
CB: Kendall Fuller (KC), Malcolm Butler (TEN) - 10th Round, 12th Round
SS: Kenny Vaccaro (TEN) - 10th Round
FS: Marcus Maye (NYJ) - 12th Round
K: Robbie Gould (SF) - 14th Round
P: Matt Bosher (ATL) - 15th Round
HC: Andy Reid (KC) - 9th Round
OC: Arthur Smith (TEN) - 13th Round
DC: Dean Pees (TEN) - Retired (Ineligible)
STC: Brant Boyer (NYJ) - 15th Round
PS: Taysom Hill (NO), Marcus Mariota (TEN), Nickell Robey-Coleman (LAR), Lincoln Riley (FA) - 11th Round, 15th Round, 15th Round, 2nd Round

Nothing set in stone, but figured I'd throw out some projections to start negotiations. Mahomes, Hill, Suh are not on the trade block; anyone else can be had (Some could be cheaper than what I've listed). Feel free to reach out, I also like keeper tags instead of draft picks.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I enjoy reading folks offering a guiding hand and decrying all others as sharks xD

Not just for this season, it's happened many times before.

I didn't say everyone was a shark, but I'm not oblivious to the situation. There is more than one owner (hence sharks being plural) who wouldn't second guess taking advantage of the situation. I don't see the problem in offering a guiding hand, especially to someone I tried to get to join the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

yeah, that's what I'm thinking. 2 tags, but glen is saying 1.

nacho's quote seems pretty straight forward to me, but I could be reading it wrong. it specifically identifies what bosa is (a rookie year who has previously been kept) and then says that type of player is ineligible. 

If a player hasn’t had a second season in the NFL, they are still tagged as a rookie. 1 tag.

After that point, they’re tagged based on how they were used the season directly prior. 

So 2019 NFL rookies are drafted in S18, and then tagged at 1 tag for seasons 19 and 20. Then for season 21, they cost the rate for where they were played in season 20. 

The quote you’re referring to is if you play a rookie for S19, you cannot then stash them in s20 in order to keep them at 1 tag after their rookie season has completed in S21. 

Edited by pwny

43 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I enjoy reading folks offering a guiding hand and decrying all others as sharks xD

Not just for this season, it's happened many times before.

I do this often when seeking out tags from new owners. I rarely, if ever, try to trade for their players

I always say "I am doing this in my self interest, but I also think it is in your self interest"

And its genuine. I would say at least 80% of team with poor records (which is what new owners typically inherit), should be trading away their tags

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

if you play a rookie in S19, their rookie season would end in S20, and therefore in S21 wouldn't be considered a rookie anymore. 

you may be right, but that reasoning doesn't make sense.

Correct on the first half.

However, if you play Bosa in S19, and then bench him for S20, if this rule didn’t apply, he would then become a PS keeper, not a rookie keeper. This means that S21, he could be kept for 1 tag. The rule makes it so that Bosa cannot move from a rookie keeper to a PS keeper, and thus will cost whatever the position he played at would cost.

Edited by pwny

23 minutes ago, pwny said:

If a player hasn’t had a second season in the NFL, they are still tagged as a rookie. 1 tag.

After that point, they’re tagged based on how they were used the season directly prior. 

So 2019 NFL rookies are drafted in S18, and then tagged at 1 tag for seasons 19 and 20. Then for season 21, they cost the rate for where they were played in season 20. 

The quote you’re referring to is if you play a rookie for S19, you cannot then stash them in s20 in order to keep them at 1 tag after their rookie season has completed in S21. 

Thank you