Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Maybe poor valuations like that are the reason I'm at the top of the wins board, since I've had, what, one losing season in 19 seasons? One of 3 owners with greater than 60% win rate for more than a handful of seasons? Maybe I'm doing something to not shoot myself in the foot?

13 seasons without a title, the longest drought of any active owner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I have seasons of data backing me up. One overpay doesn’t reset the standard. 

It would be one thing if there were a small number of tags being offered up, but this season has at least 25 tags on offer, the highest in the 10 seasons I’ve been in the league. If anything, that depresses the value of an individual tag. 

what standards? you said it yourself, a trade for 5 keeper tags hasn't been made. you're arguing what you think market value should be, not what it is, which is fine but you shouldn't be using "market value" to back up your reasoning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

what standards? you said it yourself, a trade for 5 keeper tags hasn't been made. you're arguing what you think market value should be, not what it is, which is fine but you shouldn't be using "market value" to back up your reasoning. 

If market value for 4 tags is the 10th pick, and market value for one tag is a 6th round pick, that means that market value for 5 picks is the 10th pick and a 6th round pick.

If someone then pays the 6th pick and a 5th round pick, that’s an overpay because they increased the price on both picks for no reason.

Edited by pwny

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

If market value for 4 tags is the 10th pick, and market value for one tag is a 6th round pick, that means that market value for 5 picks is the 10th pick and a 6th round pick.

If someone then pays the 6th pick and a 5th round pick, that’s an overpay because they increased the price on both picks for no reason.

you do understand market value is not taking the highest tags have ever gone for, right? there have been plenty of trades of first round picks for just 3 keeper tags. I'd even bet there were trades where 3 tags got an additional pick. there are also plenty of trades where a single tag brought back a higher pick than a 6th rounder (at least a 4th, if not a 3rd). 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

Just now, swoosh said:

you do understand market value is not taking the highest tags have ever gone for, right? there have been plenty of trades of first round picks for just 3 keeper tags. I'd even bet there were trades where 3 tags got an additional pick. there are also plenty of trades where a single tag brought more higher than a 6th round pick (at least a 4th, if not a 3rd). 

There hasn’t been a trade of a pick higher than 14 to go for 3 tags in the last 9 seasons. Every pick traded higher than that in that time frame has gone for 4 tags. 

Just now, pwny said:

There hasn’t been a trade of a pick higher than 14 to go for 3 tags in the last 9 seasons. Every pick traded higher than that in that time frame has gone for 4 tags. 

In other news

4 =/= 5

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

what about trades for 1 keeper tag?