AFC North Game Plans: STEELERS

BleedTheClock

Joe Woods:
-Use small aggressive lineups. Blitz the edges and pinch your DL.
-Play off man primarily. Ben likes to throw deep. Don't let our DB's get roasted for easy points, as we'll likely be in a lot of man.
-Force Ben into making mistakes. For as good as he's been, he is turnover prone. Disguise coverages and morph from 2-deep to 1-deep and vice versa.
-Force them into 3rd & Long by run blitzing consistently.

Alex Van Pelt:
-Attack them with the quick game. They play a lot of off man. I don't think their DB's can match up with our WR's.
-Let Baker be the facilitator in this one. Get away from the heavy run sets and focus on exploiting their DB's. 1-Back sets.
-Utilize empty sets. Force them to put 3-4 CB's on the field and find our mismatch. Use motions to get our WR's favorable matchups.
-Screen game. This team likes to scream off the edges. A well-timed screen play to Chubb or Hunt could result in an easy touchdown.

Kevin Stefanski:
-Keep the pressure on them. I believe our skill players trump theirs on both sides of the ball. Let's ramp up the speed of the game and make them match our firepower.
-Avoid a trench war. Pittsburgh has built a fantastic offensive and defensive front. Let's play this game out on the perimeter as much as possible.
-Emphasize finishing. We always seem to hang with them, but make some critical mistakes late that result in catastrophic failure.
-Don't play it safe if we get the lead. Continue to attack them through the air and sprinkle Chubb in. I expect Odell to shine in this one.

The Steelers aren't terrible anywhere, but I also am less than impressed with their overall roster. I think we can exploit their secondary and force Ben Roethlisberger to make some mistakes by playing aggressive defense. Don't let this turn into a slugfest. That's Pittsburgh's comfort zone. Make them defend our elite offensive weapons by playing horizontal football.

• Like 3

I like the quick-pass idea and want to get guys like Watt into coverage as much as possible, even if he's not terrible there.  Also, @vindictiveTayne would like to see us take advantage of Haden slowing down even more.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

Pittsburgh’s defense forced incredibly high turnovers and sacks. That won’t translate next year. Them losing Mike Munchack hurt more than their fans wanted to admit.

If we have competent coaching we should beat them and maybe even sweep them.

Probably first thing Saturday the boys hit the Topgolf near Bridgeville and take full advantage of the 6 for $6 Miller Lite specials.  Get a light buzz and a few rounds in there before driving to the Southside and hitting up Carson Street.  I'm assuming college football will be going on so I'd say a good plan would be to just have the team take over the roof bar of the Carson City Saloon and watch some ball.  Probably could use security to make a choke point at the staircase so that no normies and only hot babes can get up there.  Depending on how enthralling the Saturday night game is, the Browns have a couple of clubs to bounce to around 9 or 10 oclock.  Personally I'd go to Skybar because typically the women are extremely inebriated and you might even luck into walking into a bachelorette party on the roof.  Around midnight everybody is going to have to give themselves an honest assessment if they think they're going to pull tonight.  For those whose chances are slim, and self hatred is high, I would catch an uber or drive just a bit north to Club Erotica in McKees Rocks.  They go full nudie in PA.

Browns shouldn't be TOO worried, but you don't want to take the Steelers too lightly.  If I were Stefanski I'd make sure the men are at the stadium at least 15 minutes early (12:45 pm) on Sunday.  First 5 offensive plays I'd just hand the ball off to Chubb, then (presumably being up 35-0) I'd really open up the playbook and hit them with our play action.  If we aren't up by 50 by the start of the 2nd half we will have no choice but sub Baker out at QB and put OBJ there.  Surely Baker will be upset, but it's the only way we don't lose the locker room.  4th quarter we sub Bitonio, Conklin, Wills and the other linemen in at RB since we promised a lot of their parents we'd let them touch the ball one time this season.  We should win by 60-80 points and be napping down the turnpike by 6 oclock.

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

Simple to Joe Woods:

DkNET7qVAAA-l14.jpg

One of the greatest scenes in one of the greatest sports movies of all time...............

And BTC - spot on about NOT lowering ourselves to Pittsburgh's level and wanting to get into a slug fest with cheap shots. That's their game - and they will pay the reaper at some point for it.

Simply put, there is no need for it on our end. We have superior talent at the skill positions to their defensive stoppers. All we need to insure is that our revamped OL can afford Baker the time. And Myles is so much better than the the last time Ben faced him. And if Jadaveon decides to join us - then the Squealers get a chance to experience an offense predicated on "1--Mississippi, 2-Missip..... LOOK OUT!!!"

Baker, with all the weapons at his disposal,  will slice and dice those pissants so badly those arrogant piss yellow towels will turn to white surrender flags.

It's our time now, boys.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1