Justin Timberlake finalizing deal to perform SB52 halftime

pf9

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20840290/justin-timberlake-finalizing-deal-super-bowl-lii-half-performer

I would have thought he burned his bridges with the NFL after what happened all those years ago. I mean he's a nice performer and all, but reflecting my beliefs that the halftime shows should go to local performers, I think Bob Dylan should get the halftime show with his Minnesota roots. The Super Bowls celebrate football in the areas the games are played in, and likewise the halftime shows should be a celebration of the music histories of the areas.

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20840290/justin-timberlake-finalizing-deal-super-bowl-lii-half-performer

I would have thought he burned his bridges with the NFL after what happened all those years ago. I mean he's a nice performer and all, but reflecting my beliefs that the halftime shows should go to local performers, I think Bob Dylan should get the halftime show with his Minnesota roots. The Super Bowls celebrate football in the areas the games are played in, and likewise the halftime shows should be a celebration of the music histories of the areas.

You do realize the NFL wants people to actually tune into the halftime show and watch right? Do you think Pepsi is actually going to sponsor the halftime show if a 76 year old Bob Dylan is sitting trying to sing, but ultimately is just mumbling for 25 mins?

JT is a great choice. The NFL loves to have multiple performers now during the show, and JT can get all bluesy with Chris Stapleton for a song, he can bring out someone like TI for another song, and even the NSYNC guys for another song. Win win for everyone.

5 hours ago, pf9 said:

That would have been Prince had he not died.

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

You do realize the NFL wants people to actually tune into the halftime show and watch right? Do you think Pepsi is actually going to sponsor the halftime show if a 76 year old Bob Dylan is sitting trying to sing, but ultimately is just mumbling for 25 mins?

Well, that rules out all millennial rap.

12 hours ago, devils1854 said:

JT is a great choice. The NFL loves to have multiple performers now during the show, and JT can get all bluesy with Chris Stapleton for a song, he can bring out someone like TI for another song, and even the NSYNC guys for another song. Win win for everyone.

That would be awesome

16 hours ago, pf9 said:

Doing local performers only really limits the choices available and excludes a lot of people from ever getting to lead the performance in the half time show.  If the SB was played in all team locations (and occasionally an outside the NFL location) I would say definitely try to keep it as local as possible, but you just can't keep that up with over half of the SBs in 3 locations.

Additionally, as far as I have heard, Bob Dylan just cannot perform anymore. He would definitely not hold many people's attention.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm shocked the NFL ever invited him back, though.

It wasn't his fault. Still not convinced the original incident wasn't planned. "Let's rip away part of her blouse to reveal a bra!! That would be super cool!" No it's a lame idea and Janet Jackson is hideous.

Archived