Most overrated individual seasons?

Elky

2 hours ago, Elky said:

Which seasons  from individual players come off as overrated to you?

For me, Carson Wentz in 2017.

I agree. Not because he wasnt elite for 9 games in 2017. He was elite. 100%.

Its overrated because Checkdown Carson has never played that well before or after those 9 games and he never will. 

I'm shocked no one said Nick Files under Chip Kelly tbh 

I was super impressed by Manning's 2013 season especially coming off of two neck surgeries shocked people are saying that lol.

I think a lot of Drew Brees seasons are overrated due to that system I mean looking at what he did in San Diego to New Orleans is astonishing. He wasn't on pace for the HOF in San Diego.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I was super impressed by Manning's 2013 season especially coming off of two neck surgeries shocked people are saying that lol.

I am NOT shocked that you were impressed with it.

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think a lot of Drew Brees seasons are overrated due to that system I mean looking at what he did in San Diego to New Orleans is astonishing. He wasn't on pace for the HOF in San Diego.

I think that's because he was still improving, and then got placed in a better situation. I do shave a small percentage of his stats off the top due to the environment he plays in, but it's ridiculous to attribute everything that came after 2006 to some as something fraudulent is just ridiculous. The dude is fantastical and is easily a top 5 post-millennium QB. Combine how phenomenal he is with a really good offensive-minded coach who wants to hang 50 every week, and a pitch-perfect environment to do so, and what you get are eye-popping stats.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm shocked no one said Nick Files under Chip Kelly tbh

And I don't want to be nit-picky, but you got his name wrong. His last name is Foles. Nack Foles, coached by Chop Kully.

30 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I am NOT shocked that you were impressed with it.

You can't write off 5500 yards and 55 TDS to a pick play lol also 10 picks it was impressive.

31 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I think that's because he was still improving, and then got placed in a better situation. I do shave a small percentage of his stats off the top due to the environment he plays in, but it's ridiculous to attribute everything that came after 2006 to some as something fraudulent is just ridiculous. The dude is fantastical and is easily a top 5 post-millennium QB. Combine how phenomenal he is with a really good offensive-minded coach who wants to hang 50 every week, and a pitch-perfect environment to do so, and what you get are eye-popping stats.

It's rare QBs still improve in their 4th year usually they peak by year 3. I love Brees think he's awesome I just don't think he sniffs the hall of Fame had he stayed with San Diego or went to Miami.

• Like 1