Most overrated individual seasons?

Elky

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why do you keep saying 9 gms, not 13? Even in the 2 Loses the Eagles had that year when Wentz was 11-2 he threw for almost 700 yds, 3TD, 2INT and had 85 yds Rushing.

Overrated would be Daks Rookie year, when he jumped on Zekes back as the Captain of all Check down Charlies.🍺

Because it was 9 games? In 9 games he threw 27 TDs. He threw for 4 TDs in 4 different games. In the rest of his entire career (56 games total) He has thrown for 4 TDs exactly........ ZERO TIMES. 

You probably dont remember this, but in 2017 through the first 8 games Dak and Wentz were statistically the same. It wasnt until the Falcons killed Dak and the Wentz went on a tear that the narrative changed (Wentz MVP! Dak SUCKS!). By the middle of 2018 balanced had been restored and Dak was once again out playing Wentz. And again for all of 2019.

PS - Even as rookies, Wentz was the checkdown captain. His IAY was 7.8 to Daks 8.7. Dak has always been an intermediate ball thrower. 

3 hours ago, Duluther said:

Please don’t let Matts ruin another thread with his secret Carson obsession.

I didnt bring up Carson or Dak. You might want to reread. I agreed with someone elses opinion and people started attacking me/Dak/etc.

Edited by Matts4313

29 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Imagine acting like your above average Quarterback is better than the other

Luckily You won't have too after Drew retires. You'll be arguing for Jamies and Taysum. You're not going to win very many arguments/comparisons with others there.

Drew has spoiled Saints fans much like Tom has for Patriots. Future HOF QB's tend to do that. Just ask Bronco and Dolphins fans. GL.🍺

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Luckily You won't have too after Drew retires. You'll be arguing for Jamies and Taysum. You're not going to win very many arguments/comparisons with others there.

Drew has spoiled Saints fans much like Tom has for Patriots. Future HOF QB's tend to do that. Just ask Bronco and Dolphins fans. GL.🍺

As long as they're good enough, it doesn't matter to me.

Edited by Breesus mode

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt bring up Carson or Dak. You might want to reread. I agreed with someone elses opinion and people started attacking me/Dak/etc

Never said you started it. Might want to reread. You always have to have be the one to end it... 50 nauseating pages after it starts.

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Never said you started it. Might want to reread. You always have to have be the one to end it... 50 nauseating pages after it starts.

Its not like I am debating with myself :D

Blame them

Edited by Matts4313

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Was Chris Johnson's 09 season overrated? I'm not sure, I only ask because it seems he hasn't been close since.

I don't know.  Hard to say without really knowing what people consider it.  He was an all time elite RB that year, but that many carries takes a toll on any RB, him included.  They then messed up by paying him an absurd amount of money and focusing on him as the offensive identity of the team....oh God, we're doing it again!

But for real, yeah, he was special that season, and probably only had the small number of yards he did because the last game of the season was meaningless and everyone knew he wanted 2000 yards, so the Seahawks (IIRC) sold out against the run the entire game, and his one big run of the game (which by the way was like a 68 yard TD) was called back for a penalty.

20 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Was Chris Johnson's 09 season overrated? I'm not sure, I only ask because it seems he hasn't been close since.

That's one of the best single-season performances by any running back ever. He was a goddamn supernova that year. Most YFS ever, 5.5+ YPC, 6+ YPT. And the Titans had absolutely nothing else going for them on offense, so it's not like defenses had anything else to think about. He was cosmic.

Nothing that came before or after that season should alter how we view it.

15 minutes ago, DannyB said:

That's one of the best single-season performances by any running back ever. He was a goddamn supernova that year. Most YFS ever, 5.5+ YPC, 6+ YPT. And the Titans had absolutely nothing else going for them on offense, so it's not like defenses had anything else to think about. He was cosmic.

Nothing that came before or after that season should alter how we view it.

Vince Young and that OL would like a word with you. Not saying CJ was overrated that season but let's not act like he had NOTHING surrounding him.  

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Vince Young and that OL would like a word with you. Not saying CJ was overrated that season but let's not act like he had NOTHING surrounding him.  

Vince Young. Vince...Young?? Come on. Was it his terrifying one touchdown pass per game? Was it is sharpshooting sub-60% completion percentage? His beastly sub-200 yards passing per game (only 1 game above 250 yards)? Good lord I could keep going but it isn't worth the time. Vince Young.

And they had a good offensive line. Of COURSE they had a good offensive line. No running back is that successful without a good offensive line. But good offensive lines rarely produce a running back THAT successful. Roos was 1st team AP, but that's all (for the rest of the team, too, besides CJ). Pro Bowl certainly isn't gospel, especially for OL, but Mawae was the only other PBer on the line. Yeah the line was pretty good. Of course it was pretty good, they blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Vince Young. Vince...Young?? Come on. Was it his terrifying one touchdown pass per game? Was it is sharpshooting sub-60% completion percentage? His beastly sub-200 yards passing per game (only 1 game above 250 yards)? Good lord I could keep going but it isn't worth the time. Vince Young.

Or it was it his ability to run ---you know the same thing that he was known for along with having a strong arm. Or it was Kerry Collins who played the best ball in his career. 

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Roos was 1st team AP, but that's all (for the rest of the team, too, besides CJ). Pro Bowl certainly isn't gospel, especially for OL, but Mawae was the only other PBer on the line. Yeah the line was pretty good. Of course it was pretty good, they blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher.

Good. So you now you know that it wasn't just this magical season by CJ where he ran for 2,000 yards all by himself with no help at all like you tried to present it. Gotcha.