Most overrated individual seasons?

Elky

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

You can't write off 5500 yards and 55 TDS to a pick play lol also 10 picks it was impressive.

Nobody's writing it off. But those TD numbers were absolutely inflated. Peyton's '04, Brady's '07, Mahomes' '18, Marino's '84 and Rodgers' '11 were all far more impressive.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Nobody's writing it off. But those TD numbers were absolutely inflated. Peyton's '04, Brady's '07, Mahomes' '18, Marino's '84 and Rodgers' '11 were all far more impressive.

Nope to that one. Not even close to Manning '13. And I love Patty, he is a Texas boy

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Of course. I watched both. The most impressive thing about Pat was his age. 

The age? Not the endless highlight reel of jaw-dropping plays that no other QB would be able to make?

Edited by Starless
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

The age? Not the endless highlight reel of jaw-dropping plays that no other QB would be able to make?

Pat had a ton of splash plays. But "no other QB would be able to make" is pure hyperbole. Most QBs dont attempt throws with that degree of difficulty, but plenty of them can do it. 

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You can't write off 5500 yards and 55 TDS to a pick play lol also 10 picks it was impressive.

I didn't say anything about it, I'm just saying as a Broncos fan it's no surprise that you wouldn't list it as a candidate for this thread.

Okay now I'll say something about it. I don't think it's quite as great as the pure stats suggest. Don't get me wrong it's one of the best QB seasons of all-time, but off the top of my head I think Marino '84, Peyton '04, Brady '07, and Rodgers '11 were more impressive.

22 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It's rare QBs still improve in their 4th year usually they peak by year 3. I love Brees think he's awesome I just don't think he sniffs the hall of Fame had he stayed with San Diego or went to Miami.

He sat for his first year, and missed a solid chunk of his 3rd season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Pat had a ton of splash plays. But "no other QB would be able to make" is pure hyperbole. Most QBs dont attempt throws with that degree of difficulty, but plenty of them can do it. 

I halfway agree with you, but I think, when I watch Mahomes, the thing that really impresses me isn't the singular throws that "no other QB" could make. It's that he seemingly routinely and effortlessly makes HIGH degree of difficulty throws that very few QBs could make.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just using Romo:

love me some romo but neither of these are the same thing as that mahomes play imo. it's the same escape artist stuff but mahomes adds being able to throw an absolute laser into the back corner of the end zone on the run.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

love me some romo but neither of these are the same thing as that mahomes play imo. it's the same escape artist stuff but mahomes adds being able to throw an absolute laser into the back corner of the end zone on the run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

i don't disagree that peak rodgers is quite comparable to mahomes, though personally i'd still rate mahomes's combo of athleticism + arm a tick higher. rodgers's 2011 season was in @Starless's original list and rightfully so.

• Like 2