BFMD 2020: Draft Thread

Reginaldm9

9 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

I haven't prioritized coach because it will be kind of a crap shoot as to who ends up gaining points out of it since we will kind of base it off how their season goes. Belichick is without Brady so that downgrades him for our purposes.

My thoughts exactly on Belichick.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

I haven't prioritized coach because it will be kind of a crap shoot as to who ends up gaining points out of it since we will kind of base it off how their season goes. Belichick is without Brady so that downgrades him for our purposes.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't know what a coach does in this game.... 

Well if we do a vote system where a judge has to decide between two teams in a tournament style, that a judge could be a pretty big factor.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

My thoughts exactly on Belichick.

Hard for me to say that about him when the Patriots have only had a non top 10 defense with him only 4x and one of those times was his first year with the franchise. He has had more top5 defenses than defenses that have finished 15th or worst, which is only 4x. 

• Like 1

If we were actually drafting with a legit emphasis on coach importance, I’d take Belichick #1 overall. Maybe #2, behind Mahomes. But the Patriots have nowhere to go but down this year and the Coach of the Year usually goes to a hotshot new coach that wills his team to a drastic improvement. If it went to the best coach, Billy B would have about 20 of those things. 

And that’s how I assumed we would score coaches. Therefore, having the truly best coaches doesn’t matter. Same with players. There will be some PFF monsters that don’t go to the Pro Bowl because fans are idiots and vote in names they’ve heard of before, rather than deserving players. 

This draft is very different from any real thing, based on the parameters laid out. 

• Like 1