Hue's Playcalling

Reginaldm9

On 9/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As in, "I'm going to play the guys who give us the best chance to win", that statement?

So he says that, and proceeds to play Kizer.......and you need it spelled out further?

"Lights out".

I think that says it all.

For you, mistakey and the rest of the Pot-Shot Punks Posse.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

"Lights out".

I think that says it all.

For you, mistakey and the rest of the Pot-Shot Punks Posse.

When you type this stuff out, in your head you may really think you've laid out a real zinger, but I have no damned clue what you're talking about.

Anyone else know what brucey is talking about?  

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When you type this stuff out, in your head you may really think you've laid out a real zinger, but I have no damned clue what you're talking about.

No clue. I think he's finally getting back to you after a month or so. Don't remember the conversation. I just hope I'm one of the Pot-Shot Punks Posse. That sounds better than the merry men!  Sign me up where's my spoil?!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

Hue's playcalling is doing Kizer no favors. Forcing the ball to these wide outs is not a good idea. Crow needs to get his stuff together or else I say we draft the kid from PSU. In fact I might say draft the kid from PSU regardless. A run game is a rookie QBs best friend. The coverage moves from double to single and it usually gets a TE open.

That is all

mastercheddaar

I actually think in theory, the playcalls were decent, its the execution that has been terrible. I have been able to see some of the all-22 shots of plays and its always someone who has missed an assignment, took a false step or ran a terrible route.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually think in theory, the playcalls were decent, its the execution has been terrible. I have been able to see some of the all-22 shots of plays and its always someone who has missed an assignment, took a false step or ran a terrible route.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus!

Folks act like Hue Jackson, who was thought of as both an excellent OC and proven to develop QB's when we hired him, has somehow forgot what the hell he's doing in both areas.

Our plays look bad because we have terrible receivers, no continuity and an absurdly young/inexperienced qb.

This isn't going to resolve itself with a good week of practice, it's going to take a year or two most likely to gel, gain experience and increase the overall talent level.

Once we do that I'm sure Hue's plays will look wonderful again.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Thank you sweet baby Jesus!

Folks act like Hue Jackson, who was thought of as both an excellent OC and proven to develop QB's when we hired him, has somehow forgot what the hell he's doing in both areas.

Our plays look bad because we have terrible receivers, no continuity and an absurdly young/inexperienced qb.

This isn't going to resolve itself with a good week of practice, it's going to take a year or two most likely to gel, gain experience and increase the overall talent level.

Once we do that I'm sure Hue's plays will look wonderful again.

What if I told you I thought the best part of our offense currently is our QB? Just think how much better his numbers would be if we didn't lead the NFL in drops and penalties...

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What if I told you I thought the best part of our offense currently is our QB? Just think how much better his numbers would be if we didn't lead the NFL in drops and penalties...

I'd tell you to watch Joe Thomas play a bit closer.

In all seriousness though, I don't believe Kizer is our biggest issue.  Sure he needs to get the ball out quicker, but he's making some good reads and some big boy throws, our WR's need to make these plays.

The penalties by the WR's are insane as well.  Prolly half a dozen in 4 games??? OPI, false starts, etc.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'd tell you to watch Joe Thomas play a bit closer.

In all seriousness though, I don't believe Kizer is our biggest issue.  Sure he needs to get the ball out quicker, but he's making some good reads and some big boy throws, our WR's need to make these plays.

The penalties by the WR's are insane as well.  Prolly half a dozen in 4 games??? OPI, false starts, etc.

Facts

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

i dunno but im pretty honored to be an establishing member of the Pot Shot Punks Posse

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

If we gave Kizer 20 more completions for 200 more yards and 3 more TD and 3 less INTs he would be a respectable (for a rookie) 24th in passer rating at 84.36.

2 of his picks IIRC have come from hail mary's.  definitely at least one.  I don't care about those.
His adjusted completion percentage when from 45 to like 75 when factoring in throw aways
against indy he had 9 drops and 2 very big OPIs

Game 1: 7 sacks
Game 2: 2 sacks
Gmae 3: 1 sack
Game 4: 1 sack

looks like he's already speeding up his decisions

oh its also his 5th game

he gets better at one thing every week.

patience guys
patience

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

2 of his picks IIRC have come from hail mary's.  definitely at least one.  I don't care about those.
His adjusted completion percentage when from 45 to like 75 when factoring in throw aways
against indy he had 9 drops and 2 very big OPIs

Game 1: 7 sacks
Game 2: 2 sacks
Gmae 3: 1 sack
Game 4: 1 sack

looks like he's already speeding up his decisions

oh its also his 5th game

he gets better at one thing every week.

patience guys
patience

Yeah, like I said, we need a full 16 game evaluation of him. I don't honestly care what he's done up til now, but rather want to see progression and the end result by the tail end of the season this year.

If he continues to progress and get better and shore up some things, then we have our guy going forward.

If not, we're probably picking top 2/3 anyway, if not #1 overall (Yay for our 31% chance according to Vegas), and will certainly get the best QB available via the draft in 2018.

Archived