Hue's Playcalling

Reginaldm9

People do realize that Kizer has the ability to change plays on the field right? You don't honestly think that on every "and long" situation that Hue is calling for a pass to be thrown 30 yards downfield do you? Kizer's looking to hit the big play, which as much as it sucks at times, I like it. How many QB's have we seen refuse to make those throws, or not have the ability to make those throws? He needs to be more selective with those pass attempts and find the open options to convert the first down sooner. He did that well in preseason. But this isn't Hue. No way is he telling Kizer to throw downfield on 3rd and long all these plays we keep seeing. 

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Imagine how effective that strategy would be if there were any sort of commitment to the run game. 

Maybe then, Kizer wouldn't be the QB taking the most hits (despite only playing 2.5 games).

I honestly don't get what Hue is doing, if not trying to get Kizer killed.

Kizer is also getting killed because he holds the ball forever and a day.

Even with multiple deep routes there is usually a check down and there's been plenty of times he could have thrown ther ball away and simply decided to take the sack.

you gotta try these things and fail to get better at them.  lets just hope they get better at them...

i really think the seth devalve OPI against IND was a huge turning point.  50 yard swing.  would have put us up likely 3-0 possibly 7-0.  if you're up 7-0, you have more incentive to run than 0-0.

young guns gotta get better

I haven’t been a fan of his play calling. Despite the WRs sucking the plays haven’t looked greats. I don’t like HCs calling plays. We’ve seen dozens of great coordinators suck as HCs. He should give up the playcalling to Al or Kirby and focus more on time management and overseeing the entire team rather than having his head stuck in the playbook. 

Kizer could check down more but his head coach doesn't seem to like that. Kessler had a higher TD% last year than Kizer has at the moment and the INT% (6.5 vs. 1.0) isn't even close. Kessler completed about 2/3 of his passes and Kizer is around 1/2. Kessler had averaged 7.1 yards per pass attempt and Kizer is at 6.0. 92.3 rating for Kessler last year and 53.2 for Kizer this year. Both were rookies. Both had similar targets. Kizer has a better line. Yet Kizer is firmly entrenches as the starter and Kessler never was and has been inactive most games this year. My advice to Kizer is to keep throwing for the moon.

Archived