Hue's Playcalling

Reginaldm9

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

2 of his picks IIRC have come from hail mary's.  definitely at least one.  I don't care about those.
His adjusted completion percentage when from 45 to like 75 when factoring in throw aways
against indy he had 9 drops and 2 very big OPIs

Game 1: 7 sacks
Game 2: 2 sacks
Gmae 3: 1 sack
Game 4: 1 sack

looks like he's already speeding up his decisions

oh its also his 5th game

he gets better at one thing every week.

patience guys
patience

2 of INT's have come on end of the half throw's, 2 have been directly handed to the opposing team by Britt, 1 was off Duke Johnson's hand's in the flat, and 1 of INT's was when Williams ran the wrong route on the 3.

So even if you take away the Williams bad route....that's 5 INT's that either dont matter (Hail Mary's) or are not his fault.

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

2 of INT's have come on end of the half throw's, 2 have been directly handed to the opposing team by Britt, 1 was off Duke Johnson's hand's in the flat, and 1 of INT's was when Williams ran the wrong route on the 3.

So even if you take away the Williams bad route....that's 5 INT's that either dont matter (Hail Mary's) or are not his fault.

yeah but other QBs have those as well.  i think its fair to leave those in.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:44 AM, mistakey said:

i know its not football but i am a jiujitsu practitioner.  for those who dont know, basically when you start at jiujitsu you suck at literally everything (unless you were a judoka or an NCAA wrestler and then you suck slightly less).  every day you do one thing slightly better.  a year to a year and a half later you suck slightly less and then you can finally take on an unskilled opponent REGULARLY without any doubt.  its hard work.  whats crazy though is that you're only 1 PERSON! an offense is 11 people (sorry to state the obvious).  Seth Devalve has to make his mistakes.  Rashard Higgins has to make his mistakes.  Deshone Kizer has to make his mistakes.  They have to mesh.  Timing issues have to be corrected by continual repetition.  each week we see slightly less and less mistakes (less procedural penalties) but different mistakes show up because people have to make their mistakes (seth devalve, higgins OPIs).  Unfortunately these mistakes are costly.  they are less costly to more veteran teams because they happen LESS due to them having accumulated experience (again, obvious i know).

back to jiujitsu- one day you fix a mistake and its an a ha moment, and your game gets taken to the next level.  Unfortunately we have to do that for like 7 starters (discounting the 4 vets on our offensive line).  it will take TIME.  some guys are right.  kizer wasn't put in the best position.  "set up for failure" is what bruce and ditch said.  sure.  failure at first.  if we have the stones (or if haslam) has the stones to see it through, you'll see more of the Andy Dalton/Bengals/1 dumb burfict play away from the AFCCG Hue Jackson offense as we continue to add pieces.. namely a RB and a bunch of WRs.  Good thing we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds next year... Saquon barkley here we commmmeeeeeee (maybe).

As a BJJ Practitioner (Purple Belt..and it took me 3 years to get there) as well as former College Football Player, this is one of the most accurate comparisons that can be made in here IMO. 

LOL...I did HATE it when I first started......I was a 230lb former college line backer.....and the first match ...the teacher decided that I needed a lesson to correct my thought process about how this thing really worked. I was put up against a kid that weighed about 150lbs (he was a Brown Belt at time) and was 3 years younger then me........to be toyed with on the mat, by a dude you outweigh by 80lbs of Muscle....is VERY Humbling....LOL

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah but other QBs have those as well.  i think its fair to leave those in.

I was agreeing with you :D

Numbers dont lie...but they don't always tell the whole truth.....and I was agreeing that Kizer's INT numbers are not near as bad as the media is attempting to make them out to be.

But I do see your point....

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I was agreeing with you :D

Numbers dont lie...but they don't always tell the whole truth.....and I was agreeing that Kizer's INT numbers are not near as bad as the media is attempting to make them out to be.

But I do see your point....

i know you were agreeing with me 

:)
i just figured we should leave the valid criticisms of kizer there so that when we have to DEFEND HIS HONOR like a neckbeard, our defenses will seem more cogent

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i know you were agreeing with me 

:)
i just figured we should leave the valid criticisms of kizer there so that when we have to DEFEND HIS HONOR like a neckbeard, our defenses will seem more cogent

1adfee5a40481fc03e9577217a4edcd6?AccessK

:D

On 9/29/2017 at 2:48 PM, mistakey said:

and Kizer moved the ball and put 28 points on the board last week, whats your point, other than trying to seem smarter than the coaching staff?

Accurate observation.

Don't quit your day job to read minds for a living.

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I don't have a problem with not taking that FG. We can't trust our kicker 

Nonsense.

If that's the case, how long does that last for? Just today? Do we cut him and sign someone else?  Do we never attempt a FG again as long as he's on the roster? How long do these rules apply?

Hue let those misses cloud his judgment IMO.

IMO, Hue is in a Catch 22 here regardless with a lot:

1. Let Kizer audible inside the 5, which he does, and then proceeds to give Crow a lousy yet catchable pitch, while Crow isn't even looking.

2. Roll Kizer out inside the 5, when every QB since they're in HS knows that if your 1st 2 dudes are covered, you either take off and run or you throw the ball over the intended WR's head out the back of the endzone for a throwaway.

3. You put in Hogan, who is the better QB because you owe it to the other 50 dudes in the locker room, but you "mortgage the future" because he's not the long term Franchise QB option and we need "more time to evaluate Kizer", who clearly isn't ready.

4. You go for it on 4th and 2 to show that you have faith in your team, even though your emotions probably get the better of you here, but let's face it, you're an 0-4 football team who has won 1 of their last 21 games, and you want to spark something that will carry over for the rest of your hopeless season. You run the ball, and get absolutely stopped. If you throw it and get stopped it's a bad play call, and if you take the points then you're second guessed for playing "not to lose" instead of "playing to win".

5. Give Crow more carries, even though he is averaging 2.9 YPC going into yesterday, or throw it more to your horrendous WR corps with your young QB, setting him up for failure.

I feel bad for Hue in all honesty. I don't envy his job right now. He needs all of this year and I'm also giving him all of 2018 too. That's just me.

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anyone hating on Hue right now has ZERO ability to be rational at all.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, he has, but to think a new coach fixes this, or that Hue is in the position we're in is absurd IMO.

This team hasn't been built to win right now, plain and simple.  

Not hating on him per se, but I do believe that he needs a coordinator.  As the team stands today, I think that another set of ears/eyes would be beneficial.

Archived