Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

11 hours ago, SwAg said:

Game MVP: @Tk3

Scum MVP: @Tk3

Most Entertaining:  @Dome

Town MVP:  @squire12

Honorable Mention Town MVP: @JoshstraDaymus

Miscellaneous Thoughts:

Hobo played very well, but he benefited immensely from the other scum team saving him on multiple occasions. 

If D1 is not a disaster and N1 is not canceled, Josh is likely Game MVP with a Town stomp of scum, as his targets were on.

Squire almost played his role better than I ever expected, but unfortunately drew the double-dip kill because he somehow accused every single non-Town in the game in one post.  I laughed out loud when I read that.

tk3 received the nod for MVP due to threadplay and self-restraint, on top of leading his team to a victory despite a largely absent team.  Plus, regardless of how well any individual Town played, it would be difficult for me to overlook the hubris involved in your Day 1 that basically took the game from a 7-9 day game to a 5-day laugher.

I had a good feeling that I had some sort of hidden aspect that I would survive 1 hit and would have seen who killed me.   Getting targeted by both the mafia and the SK was not expected.  

I put the reads out there for others in case I was going to get hit.  

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Yeah, squire was literally the only player in the game at that point who worried me would piece everything together and run train on scum.

killing him first was a no brainer.

I guess I will take this as a compliment

16 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Random assortment of thoughts from this game

• The N1 triple lynch was SOOO glorious. I stand by my belief that I would push that regardless of alignment, but KNOWING that I was getting 3 mislynches was beautiful
  • Hilarious that Squire got a free death, and it was wasted by getting hit twice on the same night
  • Still curious what exactly made Forge and Counselor play like the twins all game. Didn't see anything in the role writeups that should have given them the level of confidence they had all game. It was kind of annoying, and not in the "thorn in my side" way, but more in the "twins that stay in lock step, only address each other, and act like they are the only two players of import in the game" kind of way
  • The quidditch match was a SERIOUS blunder on our end. I really didn't expect people to "auto clear" half the game solely based off of that
  • I still hate the mass claiming aspects that are forced. I am still such a mafia traditionalist that I like power roles to be "town vig" or "town cop" and even if everyone has a role, they don't have a name. I get that our themes/flavor demand it, but the purist in me hates it
  • ET's census was a disaster as well. The upside is that it all gave me tools to craft analytical threadplay as opposed to trying to appeal to senses of trust, which I am much worse at
  • I spent the entire second half of the game fighting back my internal pushback on "Malf would let TK buss him" as if Malf had anything to do with it. Disrespectful
  • How Snape was NEVER considered as being aligned with Slytherin was beyond me. Eventually I realized it wasn't going anywhere and I was just using it as threadplay, but I'm shocked that in a game that is SPECIFICALLY book 1, people would assume Hogwarts aligned BLINDLY over Slytherin aligned
  • This is another example why leaving "others" in the game if you don't have a strong beat on true scum is dangerous. They can say "win with any alignment" as much as they want, but this game was clear that they were targeting civs and it made our jobs much, much easier
  • Thanks for the game @SwAg. It was a fun one

Had to make up for what mafia lost without @The Orca and @Pickle Rick