2010s Fantasy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

21 hours ago, animaltested said:

Its one of the shiniest turds.

You are in dire straights here for noms if you are ambivalent about comic book movies.

Truth. Ready Player One winning this would be amazing though. That movie was beautifully done and was true to the book in more ways than one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Truth. Ready Player One winning this would be amazing though. That movie was beautifully done and was true to the book in more ways than one.

Yep. I can't remember everything that they changed, but I remember a lot of it I was happy with.

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

and the 1980s

Willow > LOTR

Nah, I feel the 2000s and the 1990s will be better.

Arguably either Conan movie is better than Willow, those Conan films were badass, and Stalker is arguably the best of them all in the 1980s.  So creative and magical I thought.

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

and the 1980s

Willow > LOTR

Seconded.  LOTR were all better movies, but Willow is far more entertaining.

Every character in LOTR is indistinguishable from every other character with the exception of Gandalf and Gimli, the latter of which I don’t like.

But my biggest gripe with LOTR was there was never any sense of danger at all.  1/9 of the fellowship died.  I can’t think of a single good (as opposed to evil) character who died in that entire trilogy.  And the eagles coming to the rescue also sucks.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But my biggest gripe with LOTR was there was never any sense of danger at all.  1/9 of the fellowship died.  I can’t think of a single good (as opposed to evil) character who died in that entire trilogy.  And the eagles coming to the rescue also sucks.

I see where you're going on the latter, but the bolded has me all confused.