Clemson WR Justyn Ross to miss 2020 season

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

So... is this a long term thing? Is it going to raise medical red flags, or is it just something he can fixed and be good to go?

Incredibly high risk...both for nerve injury and degeneration. And some of these congenital neck anomalies are syndromes that may or may not include cardiac and kidney abnormalities. I’d say there’s a fair chance that his career could either be over or significantly limited. 

• Like 2

Ouch. That's really unfortunate. I always hate hearing about guys who have something pop up in college or Combine testing that can change their course that much at such a young age. It's easy to armchair QB and say "student athletes should have a backup plan" (and yeah, they should) but that doesn't take away the hard work they put in to get where they are, especially guys who, even with a down season, are staring at a guaranteed draft pick. Work is work, and to see it possibly be for naught is just awful. 

Silver lining is that, given it's a neck/vertebrae issue, they found it now instead of later. I imagine it's the type of thing that could land someone in a wheelchair with a bad hit or fall. So at the very least, there's that. Shame though, I was looking forward to watching him this year.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This morning on the radio, there's speculation that he "may never be able to play football again". Wow, that's awful and I hope not accurate.

Hopefully, it's just some guy talking because they heard "neck issue".  What a punch in the gut that would be one year away from making your dreams come true.

• Like 1