Raiders first round pick Henry Ruggs involved in a off field accident

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Imagine getting a career-ending injury just before signing your rookie contract... that would be the worst...

Seems he got lucky. I wish him a quick recovery.

Forget career ending, if that opened his femoral artery he probably bleeds out before help can get there unless one of his friends of a bystander really knows how to stop the bleeding.  

• Like 3

I'd imagine it's a really tough balance between being a good friend and doing something you've probably always done/would do if you were a "regular guy" and balancing the off field injury as a soon to be 21 year old multi millionaire aspect of things. Glad he wasn't hurt, he didn't do anything wrong, and he was likely being a great friend.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd imagine it's a really tough balance between being a good friend and doing something you've probably always done/would do if you were a "regular guy" and balancing the off field injury as a soon to be 21 year old multi millionaire aspect of things. Glad he wasn't hurt, he didn't do anything wrong, and he was likely being a great friend.

Yep, but he needs to go into a bubble til he signs his contract, although I remember the Patriots rb destroying his knee playing flag football in the sand, so it can happen doing anything 

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Yep, but he needs to go into a bubble til he signs his contract, although I remember the Patriots rb destroying his knee playing flag football in the sand, so it can happen doing anything 

That was absolutely awful. Robert Edwards. Granted, that was a Pro Bowl affiliate game "Rookie Beach Bowl". Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Imagine getting a career-ending injury just before signing your rookie contract... that would be the worst...

Career ending? It hits his artery and he's dead. 

30 minutes ago, Golfman said:
19 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Career ending? It hits his artery and he's dead. 

I'd argue that would end his career.

• Like 3