Berry building the Browns FO like the Eagles.

buno67

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/06/01/richard-sherman-player-voices-trey-lance
“There’s a method to how the Browns have set up their front office. And it’s rooted in the year that GM Andrew Berry had in Philadelphia. The new structure is, in fact, one reason why so many of the guys Berry worked with previously had to go—former assistant GM Eliot Wolf and VP of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith would have had to take de facto demotions to make it work. As the Eagles have it, the scouting department is set up in two silos. One is headed up by a VP of player personnel (Andy Weidl), the other by a VP of football operations (Berry’s old role). The former basically leads scouting, the latter everything else (analytics, etc.) In that structure, there was no room for an assistant GM like Wolf, and Highsmith likely would’ve had to be re-assigned to allow for Berry to have his own guy as scouting head (remember, Highsmith was hired over the top of Berry by GM John Dorsey). So those guys are gone, and ex-Niners exec Kwesi Adofo-Mensah is in as VP of football ops, with assistant director of pro scouting Glenn Cook promoted to VP of player personnel. So yes, there’s definitely an “analytics” feel to the front office. But the blueprint is actually borrowed from Philly.”

• Like 2

Crazy part, when Roseman took over as GM of the Eagles, he was the youngest GM in NFL history I believe. Now, Berry is trying to model his FO after Roseman, kinda fitting that Berry is the Youngest GM in NFL history for it. If their is one FO to model after, Eagles are a good example. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I know DePodesta is a key player in this front office, but where is he on the proverbial flow chart? I would guess even with Berry or his boss.

I think it goes 

jimmy 

pauly d

stefanski/berry 

they made it pretty clear during the offseason that the Gm and HC will work together. And considering we had the coach help find a Gm I’d say that’s a tie. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think it goes 

jimmy 

pauly d

stefanski/berry 

they made it pretty clear during the offseason that the Gm and HC will work together. And considering we had the coach help find a Gm I’d say that’s a tie. 

Did Stef really find Berry, when Berry was on the radar before Stef and already had a working relationship with Depo?

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did Stef really find Berry, when Berry was on the radar before Stef and already had a working relationship with Depo?

Pretty sure even jimmy said stefanski had a role in it. They interviewed a bunch of GM candidates with stef. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pretty sure even jimmy said stefanski had a role in it. They interviewed a bunch of GM candidates with stef. 

Well if jimmy said it, it must be true...gotta trust him!

if it was truly about getting the HC and GM in the same page. Ideal you take the guy Stef has been around for the past 10+ years in Paton. It was Berry’s job from the jump

Edited by buno67

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well if jimmy said it, it must be true...gotta trust him!

if it was truly about getting the HC and GM in the same page. Ideal you take the guy Stef has been around for the past 10+ years in Paton. It was Berry’s job from the jump

Berry and Stefanski already had clicked in the search the year before.

• Like 2