TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 7/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

I adopted a cat at work.  He lives somewhere around here, I bought some cat food and a cute cat bowl.  He ate the food yesterday.  

He is never coming inside, and I am not taking it to the vet unless it gets injured.  My guess is there is an 80% chance he gets eaten by coyotes before the year is out.  But  I will keep leaving him food and water until he stops coming around for it.  

You got urban coyotes? Yeesh.

Edit: Ooooh...at work as in outside the plant. So you've got feral cats and coyotes in the area. I assume raccoons, opossums and skunks are in the mix also. We've got deer, turkey, coons, 'possums, woodchucks, and coyotes in a fully suburbanized area that is split from the north side of town by a quarter mile wide power line easement that makes a varmint highway west into the sticks of Wisconsin eastern lowlands. The deer stomp their hooves at you if you get too close while they're eating your landscaping plants. The coyotes keep their distance. The turkeys don't seem to bother or damage anything and they are a hoot to watch. Nothing is more transparently obvious than a Tom displaying his tail feathers. Well, some human males can be that obvious. I mean among the local beasts.

Edited by Uffdaswede

28 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

You got urban coyotes? Yeesh.

Edit: Ooooh...at work as in outside the plant. So you've got feral cats and coyotes in the area. I assume raccoons, opossums and skunks are in the mix also. We've got deer, turkey, coons, 'possums, woodchucks, and coyotes in a fully suburbanized area that is split from the north side of town by a quarter mile wide power line easement that makes a varmint highway west into the sticks of Wisconsin eastern lowlands. The deer stomp their hooves at you if you get too close while they're eating your landscaping plants. The coyotes keep their distance. The turkeys don't seem to bother or damage anything and they are a hoot to watch. Nothing is more transparently obvious than a Tom displaying his tail feathers. Well, some human males can be that obvious. I mean among the local beasts.

Industrial area.  St Louis is very industrial by the river/canal, where I work. The Mississippi River is probably the largest shipping highway in the US.  We have all of those animals at some point of the year.  There is open space, plenty of food available, and while it is loud, there aren't a lot of people.  We also have geese, seagulls, eagles, foxes, cranes, ducks, and I think I saw a swan.  They don't seem to mind people.  Like the deer or coyotes won't come up to us, but they won't run away on sight, you have to approach them.

So you’re re-watching a classic old movie that you’ve seen many times and then you realize a character you remember well is actually an actor you know really well; you just had never connected the two before. I’m always geeked out when it happens.

Examples:
Dave Chappelle was Ahchoo from Robin Hood—Men in Tights

Alan Rickman (Snape) was the bad guy in the original Die Hard

George Carlin was the ice cream guy in “With Six You Get Egg Roll”.

So, tonight I was watching Major League and laughing at Cerrano doing his voodoo shtick. Then the team shoots an American Express commercial and Cerrano drops the accent slightly and I realize that Cerrano is Dennis Haysbert, the President from 24 and the Allstate “Are you in good hands?” guy. Unbelievable.

Gary Oldman has gotten me like five different times. I didn’t know it was him in “The 5th Element”, in “The Professional”, in “Harry Potter”, or in “Batman Begins”. I was onto him by the time I saw “The Book of Eli”.

So...I"m new to streaming, but I picked up a Spectrum package for local stuff and I'm doing Amazon Prime.

Getting into "The Boys" and "Hunters".  Both are just amazing!

Any other "must" watches on Amazon Prime that I need to be aware of?

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So...I"m new to streaming, but I picked up a Spectrum package for local stuff and I'm doing Amazon Prime.

Getting into "The Boys" and "Hunters".  Both are just amazing!

Any other "must" watches on Amazon Prime that I need to be aware of?

The Expanse.  100%.  150%. 

@AlexGreen#20 will agree. 

There is no better science fiction television than The Expanse. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Gary Oldman has gotten me like five different times. I didn’t know it was him in “The 5th Element”, in “The Professional”, in “Harry Potter”, or in “Batman Begins”. I was onto him by the time I saw “The Book of Eli”

aef9a68bb0fae26dbefcb209f5f9c4b9eb0e0daf

If Gary Oldman was more selective of his roles, he would be considered GOAT.

Unfortunately, he picks a lot of **** movies and somehow elevates those **** movies, but his name gets dragged down just for the fact that he's in those **** movies.

There is not a better actor to have ever lived. 

14 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Alan Rickman was also the bad guy in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.  

People also forget that Philip Seymour Hoffman was in The Big Lebowski.

I have a book called I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski and it says that PS Hoffman got his role by improvising the Brandt scene with the wall of awards during his audition.

...also, Tara Reid plays herself in that movie...

Edited by Joe

14 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Gary Oldman has gotten me like five different times. I didn’t know it was him in “The 5th Element”, in “The Professional”, in “Harry Potter”, or in “Batman Begins”. I was onto him by the time I saw “The Book of Eli”.

Wait until you watch True Romance and Hannibal again.