TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

32 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Hire a neighborhood kid.  Spend your money on your boat.  You'll help the economy AND spend more time doing what you love.

I've been married for quite some time.  I love mowing my lawn.  Both of them.

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

There's plenty of good lawn tractors. It really comes down to your need. How extended is it (or is it to simply cut grass).

The yard isn't big.  But I have a larger front yard, decent sized back yard and a side yard.  

The rider is overkill, but it makes it easier.  The real reason for the rider is leaves.  I have to pick them up, and our neighbors have probably 40 very old, very tall, very mature trees.  So while I have 4 trees on my property, I get to do their leaves on a weekly basis in the fall.

Municipality does not pick up leaves, so I either mulch, bag and dispose, or burn.

Just now, vegas492 said:

The yard isn't big.  But I have a larger front yard, decent sized back yard and a side yard.  

The rider is overkill, but it makes it easier.  The real reason for the rider is leaves.  I have to pick them up, and our neighbors have probably 40 very old, very tall, very mature trees.  So while I have 4 trees on my property, I get to do their leaves on a weekly basis in the fall.

Municipality does not pick up leaves, so I either mulch, bag and dispose, or burn.

Understand entirely. It seems I have more property/grass to mow - plus I'm like your neighbors in that I have a wooded parcel with quite a number of large/mature trees.

Recently had some work done of two of them in fact to reduce their profile is strong winds. I should take one down entirely given its proximity to the house.....but its younger than many on the property and in good health - so I'm applying the "fingers crossed" method supplemented with fairly extensive cutting back.

So - the leaves factor is known. I also I do a fair amount of hauling stuff around. It's work - but its work that I enjoy.

Funny story....of a sort (I guess)......in the back field I had a fairly large bundle of fabric & wire field fence and was applying the "let nature take it's course and make this go away" process. Should have known better with galvanized metal - but live and learn and it was taking a bit longer than I cared.  Over the last month, I've been cutting it up into sections and feeding them to the garbage man - in somewhat large and nasty loads - but if this isnt landfill material I dont know what they'd do with it.

Took me three loads to get rid of the stuff and it was hot / sweaty work - but it's gone now.
Interestingly, they've skipped my garbage pickup twice in a row. I think they're trying to tell me something w/o actually telling me anything :) 

Good luck with your machine choice  👍

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Hire a neighborhood kid.  Spend your money on your boat.  You'll help the economy AND spend more time doing what you love.

Same thing with shoveling snow. My parents recently moved to vacation land north of Wausau and all during Covid, their church sent kids to do grocery shopping, shoveling, yard work, and a lot of other chores that are becoming difficult for my father. Not only are they service hours for the kids, but nobody cares if my dad slips them all a $10 bill for their assistance. 

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Same thing with shoveling snow. My parents recently moved to vacation land north of Wausau and all during Covid, their church sent kids to do grocery shopping, shoveling, yard work, and a lot of other chores that are becoming difficult for my father. Not only are they service hours for the kids, but nobody cares if my dad slips them all a $10 bill for their assistance. 

Maybe when I get older I'll hire out snow and yard work.

Till then, as a married man for a long time, I really enjoy doing those things.  Gets me out of the house, alone with my thoughts and a feeling of accomplishment when finished.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

An aspect of life I'm so glad I dont have to deal with: snow.

It’s the absolute worst. Every time you need to use your car you have to shovel snow off of it , defrost the windows . Traffic is slow. You have to worry about ice you can’t see and other drivers .

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Well Phyllis, you werent even on my mind no less making a joke about you.

Jesus you are sensitive. Go cry about objectifications of a random tweet you posted that wasn't yours or tell someone "I'm done with with conversation" some more. It's all you do.

It was an innocent comment since you always drop it on me. My gosh man. Lighten up, it's the internet, you've been on it long enough

• Like 1