TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I had no idea what a panic attack was....until about 2 years ago when I had one.  Don't know why, don't know how.  Do remember that I had to get out of a grocery store ASAP.  Sat in my vehicle with the AC on and shook for a couple of minutes.  Heart racing.  Really freaked my wife out.  About the only thing I can think of is...it was really, really hot, and there were a ton of people around.  Just really weird and happy it hasn't happened again.

It's ****ed. Luckily I don't get them in public really. Because when they're strong enough I vomit lol. So that would be messy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's ****ed. Luckily I don't get them in public really. Because when they're strong enough I vomit lol. So that would be messy

No joke, I do remember having Taco Bell about 2 hours before it happened.  Had I stayed, yah, it would have been messy.  And I'm not saying that Taco Bell wasn't part of the problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No joke, I do remember having Taco Bell about 2 hours before it happened.  Had I stayed, yah, it would have been messy.  And I'm not saying that Taco Bell wasn't part of the problem.

Taco Bell puke....now that would be special.

The U.S. reports the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in the world in the last week, according to WHO.

///

We'd better hope we can cut this thing off at the pass and it doesnt lead to more shutdowns - or in a football specific sense - empty (read: revenue-less) stadiums.

The League and the Packers need the cash to start (and keep) flowing.

15 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Re: Simone.

Could be this. Could be that. She did what was best for her. **** it. Hope she wins a couple more medals for the ol US. Screw the couch ***** talking about mental toughness.

I did read somewhere where "twisties" are similar to the "yips" when putting.  Only to a gymnast, it means that they could lose control of what they are doing and cause injury, versus missing a putt badly.  Which I do on a regular basis without the "yips".

Moving is going to be the death of me.

We decided to simplify things and trade in the mountains for the beach. We are going from a two bedroom house to a one bedroom apartment and my girlfriend was going through stuff and "downsizing" today. 

30 fing purses. I ish you not. She ended up with 30 FING purses after downsizing. "But to be fair 9 of them are clutches."

🙄🔫

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Moving is going to be the death of me.

We decided to simplify things and trade in the mountains for the beach. We are going from a two bedroom house to a one bedroom apartment and my girlfriend was going through stuff and "downsizing" today. 

30 fing purses. I ish you not. She ended up with 30 FING purses after downsizing. "But to be fair 9 of them are clutches."

🙄🔫

#marriedthings

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Volleyball at the Olympic level is stupidly impressive, IDC what anyone says

I had an idea for a reality show: 

Couch to Olympics. 

Show starts with like 12 randos that are somewhat decent at various obscure Olympic events. Every episode is them training and then they perform their sport and the worst score gets eliminated each week. Winner gets a slot at an Olympic qualifying event.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I had an idea for a reality show: 

Couch to Olympics. 

Show starts with like 12 randos that are somewhat decent at various obscure Olympic events. Every episode is them training and then they perform their sport and the worst score gets eliminated each week. Winner gets a slot at an Olympic qualifying event.

Someone tweeted this week they should add one lane where you get all the idiots who talk about their HS glory days after a few drinks and stick them in an the running events just to see how fast that Olympians really are and oh man do I want to see that. So just one lane dedicated to random schlubs. 

This is good too though.

I like when people go on and on in front of my father about that ****, he qualified for the trials once upon a time but he's never told anyone so nobody knows but some guy who got second in the 800 in South Dakota class F at a conference meet thinks he was Steve Prefontaine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Someone tweeted this week they should add one lane where you get all the idiots who talk about their HS glory days after a few drinks and stick them in an the running events just to see how fast that Olympians really are and oh man do I want to see that. So just one lane dedicated to random schlubs. 

This is good too though.

I like when people go on and on in front of my father about that ****, he qualified for the trials once upon a time but he's never told anyone so nobody knows but some guy who got second in the 800 in South Dakota class F at a conference meet thinks he was Steve Prefontaine.

I think the more "pure athletic" sports would be impossible to get a rando even at a qualifying event for. But maybe like fencing or archery or something?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I think the more "pure athletic" sports would be impossible to get a rando even at a qualifying event for. But maybe like fencing or archery or something?

Maybe.. fencing seems pretty damn technical. I know a few people who live to shoot trap but again, these are Olympic qualifiers. No idea. I can't imagine there's too many people just hanging out that could compete in basically any of the single events but I could be wrong

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Tbh I don't want to see them be able to compete lol I want to see how badly they would be embarrassed by pros

Don’t know if it was posted here but Bill Murray had a tweet saying there should always be one average Joe in each Olympic event for context. Not a bad idea for all of these weekend warriors who think they could even get through the warmup of an Olympian. 

ESPN has reporter Rich Eisen run the 40 every year at the combine.  It’s pretty special.