TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

Wrong. It wasn't a small thing to me to be disrespected in front of my daughter for nothing. I didn't act like a doormat is what set people off. If you let everyone walk all over you.... well they continue to do it

No, I'm right.

I had the same thing happen to me at a supermarket. I just explained that (in my case) I had only got close to the guy in front for maybe 1 second to drop a heavy shopping trolley on the plate at the start of the moving band at the checkout. Before the guy had even managed the first three words of asking me not to get close I was already back to over 2m behind him. He turned back around, end of situation. What you did was just crank everything up to 11 (are you a rock guitarist perhaps ?) Like I said, don't sweat the small stuff.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I’m thinking it’s worth people watching Russell Crowe’s movie “Unhinged”.  
You will not want to honk at someone or ask someone to give you some space at a Walmart ever again 

I would just punch Russell Crowe's sissy mouth and call it a day.

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're in the middle of a global pandemic in which the CDC is requesting people stay 6 feet apart if not vaccinated or wearing masks. Don't walk up on people. It's been a year and a half, you should know this by now. 

I was more than 6 feet apart

17 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

No, I'm right.

I had the same thing happen to me at a supermarket. I just explained that (in my case) I had only got close to the guy in front for maybe 1 second to drop a heavy shopping trolley on the plate at the start of the moving band at the checkout. Before the guy had even managed the first three words of asking me not to get close I was already back to over 2m behind him. He turned back around, end of situation. What you did was just crank everything up to 11 (are you a rock guitarist perhaps ?) Like I said, don't sweat the small stuff.

I was always taught to initially be polite because you never know if you're ******* with the wrong person. Well he found out. And no I don't really care about turning anything to 11. You start something you better be able to finish it is how I look at it. It doesn't make me feel bad at all to give just as much or more than I get. Society is basically a big safe space for people who want to be douchebags with no repercussions. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I was always taught to initially be polite because you never know if you're ******* with the wrong person. Well he found out. And no I don't really care about turning anything to 11. You start something you better be able to finish it is how I look at it. It doesn't make me feel bad at all to give just as much or more than I get. Society is basically a big safe space for people who want to be douchebags with no repercussions. 

There's a lot to unpack here:

1. You were taught to initially be polite on the off chance you were dealing with a crazy person? You weren't taught to be polite because it's the right thing to do? Your mother and father should be ashamed of themselves. And also you're a 50 year old man, you should be ashamed of yourself.

2. At least you've acknowledged you were a **** head here. I suppose that's something. You're capable of recognizing your own bad behavior, you're just too selfish to modify it.

3. Society is a more tolerant place for *******s. You should be celebrating this fact. It probably saves you from getting punched in the mouth more than you realize.

4. You sound like a ******* Karen, and I try to avoid using that word. You're not entitled to go and stand in other people's space. The fact you felt the need to come on this forum and brag about your **** head behavior is baffling to me. Did you think we were going to comment how cool you are because you're the dumbest guy in the dumbest store in the country?

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You said you were talking towards them and he yelled at you when you were 7 feet away. 

You're the ******* there

Wording might be confusing but I was stopped looking at phones with my teenage daughter when I was 7+ feet away. 

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's a lot to unpack here:

1. You were taught to initially be polite on the off chance you were dealing with a crazy person? You weren't taught to be polite because it's the right thing to do? Your mother and father should be ashamed of themselves. And also you're a 50 year old man, you should be ashamed of yourself.

2. At least you've acknowledged you were a **** head here. I suppose that's something. You're capable of recognizing your own bad behavior, you're just too selfish to modify it.

3. Society is a more tolerant place for *******s. You should be celebrating this fact. It probably saves you from getting punched in the mouth more than you realize.

4. You sound like a ******* Karen, and I try to avoid using that word. You're not entitled to go and stand in other people's space. The fact you felt the need to come on this forum and brag about your **** head behavior is baffling to me. Did you think we were going to comment how cool you are because you're the dumbest guy in the dumbest store in the country?

I'm not 50 and welcome to the take it to 11 club. You seem better at it than me. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

I’m thinking it’s worth people watching Russell Crowe’s movie “Unhinged”.  
You will not want to honk at someone or ask someone to give you some space at a Walmart ever again 

Suppose that was worth a like if you watch the movie and think "That Russell Crowe is really onto something, quick teenage daughter, go get that man's cellphone and tablet and lets make it a real daddy-daughter day"

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

Suppose that was worth a like if you watch the movie and think "That Russell Crowe is really onto something, quick teenage daughter, go get that man's cellphone and tablet and lets make it a real daddy-daughter day"

Sick burn.

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Never seen it. Are you publicly implying on this forum that my teenage daughter is a criminal? Kinda weird to call her out as she was just a bystander. 

10 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Watch it and don't try to deflect - nobody is buying it

We'll see. I've actually not personally insulted anyone in this thread but it's certainly been dished out. The only person who's argument I actually buy is 1265 because he discusses things in a manner consistent with that argument. Pretty ironic the rest seem to act exactly the same way they are arguing against. 

It seems to me that the space between us is what people are misunderstanding. I was never within 6 feet of this guy. I'm fully vaccinated and still wear a mask and follow all the health mandates here in Colorado. He was literally standing right next to an employee and wasn't even masked up himself. It made zero sense

Edited by Kepler

20 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would just punch Russell Crowe's sissy mouth and call it a day.

Not really my jam but I definitely was DRUNK on the summerfest grounds during irishfest I'd assume years ago while these guys cussed out RC and played this. I giggled.