TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW. I still regale in the wins countless terrible people brought the Packers. I still laugh at Louis CK and Bill Cosby. I still dance to Micheal Jackson and Steven Perry and Jesse Lacy and almost quite literally every rockstar. I'll still get emotionally invested in a Mel Gibson or Kevin Spacey movie. I still have to acknowledge they are terrible people who've done terrible things but we all are. I certainly am. They entertained me though so I give them a pass. I know a lot of my/our heroes are deeply flawed human beings and I don't know how I feel about that. 

Not Norm's Mom though.

• Like 2

CNN -  Mike Richards, who is in line to become the new host of "Jeopardy!," is defending himself against allegations that he mistreated colleagues at another game show.

At the same time, he is also confirming has been asked to "consider hosting the show."

Richards, who is currently the executive producer of "Jeopardy!," said "no final decisions have been made" about the next host. "Discussions with me and other potential hosts are still ongoing," he wrote in an internal memo Monday morning.

///

There's been no corroboration of the rumor that Adam Schefter - citing "sources" - is the origin of this breaking news :)

Edited by Leader

Stevie Van Zandt -    Ok. The top 10 most important bands in history according to me (today!).

1-Beatles
2-Rolling Stones
3-Who
4-Byrds
5-Kinks
6-Jimi Hendrix Experience
7-Bob Dylan and the Hawks
8-Sly and the Family Stone
9-Jeff Beck Group (w/Rod Stewart)
10-Prince & The Revolution

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kepler said:

If the brewers can pull off a championship, extremely unlikely I know, Wisconsin pro sports could win a trifecta assuming GB can keep it together this season. How awesome would that be

If my wife had wheels she'd be a Lamborghini.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Stevie Van Zandt -    Ok. The top 10 most important bands in history according to me (today!).

1-Beatles
2-Rolling Stones
3-Who
4-Byrds
5-Kinks
6-Jimi Hendrix Experience
7-Bob Dylan and the Hawks
8-Sly and the Family Stone
9-Jeff Beck Group (w/Rod Stewart)
10-Prince & The Revolution

I like Beatles Stones, Hendrix, being in there. Dylan is more a singular person than band, but he is significant  I  rate Jeff Beck very highly as well................. but Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Genesis should be in the mix somewhere. I'd have the Yardbirds in there mainly due to Page, Beck and Clapton all being in there.

I'd say the Kinks, Sly and The Who are a couple of steps down from that and wouldn't make my top 10. Bowie is a more polarising choice for the top 10,, but he'll be on some lists (probably not mine). I'd have Neil Young on my list and maybe Cream. The Police would have a chance at creeping in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I like Beatles Stones, Hendrix, being in there. Dylan is more a singular person than band, but he is significant  I  rate Jeff Beck very highly as well................. but Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Genesis should be in the mix somewhere. I'd have the Yardbirds in there mainly due to Page, Beck and Clapton all being in there.

I'd say the Kinks, Sly and The Who are a couple of steps down from that and wouldn't make my top 10. Bowie is a more polarising choice for the top 10,, but he'll be on some lists (probably not mine). I'd have Neil Young on my list and maybe Cream. The Police would have a chance at creeping in there.

It's Van Zandt's personal choices of most "important" bands........

Agree - I dont see Dylan as member of a band.

Interesting list. I get the Dylan thing, but if he uses Dylan than shouldn't Clapton be on there also? He does say bands and Clapton was a member of several, so maybe that is it. Zeppelin and U2 not being on the list makes me wonder if there is not something personal with Van Zandt and some of these other bands. Always a good debate. 

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Do Elvis, James Brown, Madonna, etc. not count because they are solo artists primarily?

You'd have to think so in so much as the original list is of "most important bands in history."

Agree @OneTwoSixFive - regards the elevation of Zeppelin - but again - they may not qualify as an important band - just a huge commercial success. Dont think Neil cuts it though. Like the guy a lot, but mostly due to his ensemble work with CSN&Y. He had a few notable hits with Crazy Horse...but not enough to warrant "most important band" status IMO.

Edited by Leader

42 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

To make my list clearer, my early thoughts on a top 10 would be:

1) Beatles
2) Stones
3) Led Zeppelin
4) Jimi Hendrix
5) Genesis
6) Pink Floyd
7) Jeff Beck
8}  Neil Young
9) The Police
10) Cream

More thought might change it a bit, but this is a decent starting point.

Who?

44 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

To make my list clearer, my early thoughts on a top 10 would be:

1) Beatles
2) Stones
3) Led Zeppelin
4) Jimi Hendrix
5) Genesis
6) Pink Floyd
7) Jeff Beck
8}  Neil Young
9) The Police
10) Cream

More thought might change it a bit, but this is a decent starting point.

Queen?

• Like 1