TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

No, silage is like ground up corn stalks and **** they feed to cattle. They just pile it and cover with tarps. It produces acid which will rot rebar, so we were one of the first to switch over to fiber bar. The problem we have left is the loader will scrape the surface of the concrete off over time, so after 5 years or so you lose maybe 1/2" of concrete, which induces cracking and things that wears out the bar. Havent had to fix any of the fiber bar areas yet, hopefully that's helped elongate the life of the pads. 

It's a situation where the product is going to wear out, we just have to find the best way to make it last while being a quick and painless repair.

Probably enough pavement talk though hahahha

LOL, I thought you meant silos.  My bad.  

Steel wins vs pavement every time.  I think your idea of a concrete pad with asphalt overtop is a good idea, but there would have to be cost analysis run.  If you have to replace the pad every 5 years, is that more expensive than re-blacktopping it every year or so? It is already more expensive year 1.  But if yearly resurfacing saves money where 5 asphalt layers is cheaper than full concrete replacement, that may be the best idea.  Just have to find where 5A+C < 2C

• Like 1

And as I'm gone, my owner goes and messes with the fantasy team after I tell him not to touch the lineup unless someone gets injured.

He benches Damien Harris and inserts Mark Ingram as a starting RB.

He benches Terry McLaurin and puts Shenault in as the starting WR.

We lose by 5 points.  Ungh.

So, I tell him his higher drafted players need to play, or they need to be traded for return value.  It does not good to bench them where they can't help.

So I swung a trade.  Damien Harris and Terry McLaurin for Davante Adams, CeeDee Lamb and Kareem Hunt.

Thinking we did pretty darned good there.  PPR league.

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm calling the police, this is robbery. 

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

What kind of idiots are you playing with?

The guy who traded with us came to us with that trade.  He really wanted McLaurin and Harris.  And he is the commissioner of the league.

I really liked both of our guys, and I did slow play him a little for the trade.

We now have Hill, Adams, Lamb, Claypool and Hollywood Brown at WR.

RB's are Taylor, Hunt, Patterson and Ingram.  (I'm digging Patterson.)

QB's are Stafford and Carr.

TE is Logan Thomas.

Thinking I'm going to make a package offer and try to get McCaffrey or some other high end RB.  Problem is, I'm not sure who to target at RB outside of McCaffrey.  Any suggestions on who to try to trade for?  Maybe even upgrade QB1?

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The guy who traded with us came to us with that trade.  He really wanted McLaurin and Harris.  And he is the commissioner of the league.

Doesnt change the fact that he's an idiot. That talent swap makes no sense.

Two #1 WRs from high powered offenses and a good RB #2 that's an ankle sprain from taking over.

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Doesnt change the fact that he's an idiot. That talent swap makes no sense.

Two #1 WRs from high powered offenses and a good RB #2 that's an ankle sprain from taking over.

He wasn't even starting Hunt or Lamb.  He has other receivers that were performing well.  Kupp was one, and I think Cooks is the other.  

Not saying he isn't an idiot, because we did fleece him.  Couldn't believe that he offered that trade.

But tell me, what RB should we target via trade to make this team even better?  Claypool and Hollywood Brown are the WR's I would trade, along with either Taylor or Hunt.  Thinking a WR/RB combo for a better RB.

I know I can get Mixon.  But I just don't really trust him.  And I wouldn't trade Taylor for him.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He wasn't even starting Hunt or Lamb.  He has other receivers that were performing well.  Kupp was one, and I think Cooks is the other.

I'd thought of that...perhaps the guy's roster is so loaded that he just doesnt care....or that he had Bye week conflicts to resolve. 

Fine - but that doesnt change the fact that the talent swap is ridiculous - and - you dont get rid of top talent to fix Bye week hassles.

So - ultimately, I'm left with he's an idiot. A patsy - which can be good have have around. The fact he's the Commissioner can work to your advantage should you rape another of your competitors and he decide he wants to step in. "Yeah well...what about that trade.....?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think Nick Chubb might be the most talented back in the league, but with Hunt there you won't get the volume. 

It's definitely a split load - but Chubb's the man on a team like likes to run the ball and is WR challenged at the moment. Hunt's value will skyrocket when/if Chubb gets nicked or injured. So he's a handy #2 or 3 guy to have around.

Edited by Leader

37 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think Nick Chubb might be the most talented back in the league, but with Hunt there you won't get the volume. 

Yah, I'd like Chubb, but having Hunt is just as good, because he catches passes.  So Chubb is out.

McCaffrey would take a King's ransom to get.  Same guy who has McCaffrey also has Mixon, and no receivers.

I know Zeke could be had.  But I don't trust Mac with any RB and Pollard is looking like he will steal a lot of those carries.

Henry is a stud, but in my mind, I still don't trust that offense.  He'd take a ransom to get as well.

Jones has an owner who won't part with him.

So who is going to break out as a good, reliable fantasy back?  Kamara?  Carson?  Ekler?  It's tough trying to find "the one" to pair with Franklin.