TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, I worked like 6 hours today on the thing I hate the most at my job, and it didn't even work right, so I will have to do it again.  DAMN!

It's always about you isn't it?

It is much harder for young people entering the workforce these days.  The income disparity is down right criminal from what it was in the 70s-80s-90s,  the creed of greed has run amok.

If you assess your life by income?  Most fail.  The amount of houses, cars, boats and any other toys you might own is irrelevant to your soul.  Take care of others, give of yourselves, be kind.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Literally every measurable aspect of life is better than 50 years ago

I wasn't logged on yesterday to respond I see others have. You merely just say by measurable aspect of life. So world wide hunger is still an issue, water is an issue, war is still an issue, human trafficking an issue, suicide, addiction all huge and growing issues. With that said sure some things are better. But countries are going broke, regimes still run countries in some places. The issue is that nothing will fix it as people are and will always be the issue, greed and power. 

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Life in the United States is absolutely better than it was 50 years ago. Other nations finishing recovering from WW2 doesn't change that.

Being able to walk home from the park at night and being safe is entirely a matter of perception. Crime is universally down.

The cost of living and requiring 2 incomes is fair, but there counter point is that the number of things in a home, especially in the kitchen has also exploded.

People being less happy with better things is something wrong with people, not society.

People are society are they not? What makes that up. People have adjusted also which compensates for violent crime around the world. People with kids are far more likely to stay in and keep their kids in. Perception works both ways if you were a woman or parent would you be ok walking home late at night. Heck even in nice neighborhoods crap happens. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

If your implying that some "higher power" will fix things, explain to me why thats not happened yet.

It's all in the good book, but I'm not going there. Though, I take it that you're implying there is no such, "higher power?" 

To each their own! 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

It's all in the good book, but I'm not going there. Though, I take it that you're implying there is no such, "higher power?" To each their own! 

I did more than imply that in an earlier comment. If you believe there is, then you explain why he/she's not fixed things for - oh, I dont know - all time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's all in the good book, but I'm not going there. Though, I take it that you're implying there is no such, "higher power?" 

To each their own! 

Just now, Leader said:

I did more than imply that in an earlier comment. If you believe there is, then you explain why he/she's not fixed things for - oh, I dont know - all time.

Asked and answered in previous post! 

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even 20 years ago, life is better measurably

Seeing as how I was 27, 20 years ago.  I can tell you that no, life is not better now.  Not in my opinion, who was a somewhat functioning adult then, and a kind of functioning adult now.

In other words, you are a whippersnapper, now get off of my lawn!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Asked and answered in previous post! 

It's contained in a book written by humans? Interpreted by humans? Subjectively believed and adhered to by humans? That's the answer to "Show me evidence of a higher power?" I submit that...quite to the contrary, it's evidence that resolutions will always be based on human effort and accomplishment.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

If your implying that some "higher power" will fix things, explain to me why thats not happened yet.

Nope never said a higher power would fix things.

I do believe in a higher power and that we're all here on earth for a reason and purpose. I come from a dirty background I didn't always live well or try to be kind or nice. I lived for myself and was pulled from the darkness years ago. Since then I've seen and had the light come on in my life. Yep it happens, I still think I'm pretty normal but I'm now a believer as it came to me as truth as I read and learned and honestly looked at the world around me. I believe we were created and that this world has a start and finish. The fix comes thereafter the finish, not prior to. 

I would hate to think that we just appeared here from the ooze and have no purpose in life whatsoever as humans. Darwin is just flat out wrong. 

On the flip side if there is a higher power is there an oposer to it? I mean why do people do evil things like run over people and worse. Are they just born that way, do they make bad choices and live in them? I know what I believe as I have been on that side and I was merely a choice away from being like that. Being good doesn't cut it really, cause how good is good enough? 

Leader, in no way am I trying to convince you of anything just answering your question as best I can from some dummy on the webs who loves Packer Futball just a bit too much:)

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's contained in a book written by humans? Interpreted by humans? Subjectively believed and adhered to by humans? That's the answer to "Show me evidence of a higher power?" I submit that...quite to the contrary, it's evidence that resolutions will always be based on human effort and accomplishment.

Is this really were you want to take this thread?

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's funny how and why a higher power who wants people to believe in him would use such means to show itself:). I think that is where faith comes to play. With that said there is plenty of insight in creation to show a creator. Just for most humans faith is not enough they want a higher power to smack them right upside the head. Fact is that's not the way it was planned and not the way he works. I wish it were different but it's not, there is plenty of evidence though if once actually honestly looks for it or at it:). We were either created and here for a reason or just appeared here and grew out of nothing into live and have no purpose whatsoever in this life.