TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not challenging anybody's religion or religious views. Not at all. I asked a simple question: where is there evidence of a higher power? Not controversial at all.

Leader you have been totally fine to discuss with also:) thanks.

Look outside, look at the moon, look at the earth the trees the sky. Water look at it and see it. Lots of evidence really if once looks. As I just noted in another post, most don't want evidence they want the creator to stand in front of them and show them. It chooses to not, as it seems to prefer that people believe in the absence of seeing it's face. The book you noted provides allot of insight into it. But is read poorly, interpreted poorly and worse lied about constantly. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

"The Bible is a book. A good book. But it's not the only book"   -   Inherit The Wind

Totally agree it's not the only book. Lots of great works out there. But only one book that really spells out why we're here and our purpose and the plan for humans. It takes allot to believe in God, it also takes allot to not believe in it too. Faith is neat that way. 

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

"The Bible is a book. A good book. But it's not the only book"   -   Inherit The Wind

Like I said earlier Leader no convincing just my own story. I did not live good life years ago and had a change. With that said it's only been in recent years that i've felt that tap on my shoulder and sought him out a bit. As I ventured in I was skeptical even though I felt a power at work in my life before. As I opened up became a bit willing and read a bit, learned a bit from a number or sources it kinda came to me like a freight train. It hit me all as truth, unavoidable truth.

I best try and do some work, but do thank you for he convo and don't mean to detail the thread. Have a great day fellas. Go Pack. 

The world be would a lot better right now except for the selfishness, shortsightedness, and general apathy of the worst US generation ever.

Who now ironically complain about how bad things are now.

Obviously some good, thoughtful boomers out there who must be beyond frustrated having dealt with their peers for a lifetime. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It took me 6 years of living in CWoods mom's basement, working full time at a 50k+ salaried job out of college to afford a lesser version of what my mom and dad had 6 months out of college, but OK. This is spoken like someone who isn't yet in the real world.

There are definitely things that are far better than they were back then, but it's not universal across the board.

The like list for this post is iffy lol

Can't believe i just read a post in which @Packerraymond is trying to tell @AlexGreen#20 he isn't in the "real" world. 

Cringe.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

I wasn't logged on yesterday to respond I see others have. You merely just say by measurable aspect of life. So world wide hunger is still an issue, water is an issue, war is still an issue, human trafficking an issue, suicide, addiction all huge and growing issues. With that said sure some things are better. But countries are going broke, regimes still run countries in some places. The issue is that nothing will fix it as people are and will always be the issue, greed and power. 

World hunger, access to potable water, war, and human trafficking are all measurably less problematic than they were years ago. I don't have the numbers for suicide or OD's in front of me, but I would be surprised if suicides were notably worse, and OD's are a trade off for better medical care. 

Why the hell are you listing things that are bad now. Do you think that regimes weren't running countries in the 70s or 80s???

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

World hunger, access to potable water, war, and human trafficking are all measurably less problematic than they were years ago. I don't have the numbers for suicide or OD's in front of me, but I would be surprised if suicides were notably worse, and OD's are a trade off for better medical care. 

Why the hell are you listing things that are bad now. Do you think that regimes weren't running countries in the 70s or 80s???

Was just noting a few things and areas that are really not any better. Your original response just said things are measurably better, I don't believe so, they may seem better especially if your head is in the sand.  They are all still alive and well as some grow others may slim down a bit. None of them are going anywhere soon that's for sure. So saying they are better is like saying that my lung cancer is stable it's not getting better or worse. I still have cancer, it ain't going anywhere and will kill me eventually:). The more things change the more they stay the same. Add monetary value to all of the above which there is more now and it will get worse likely.   

My dad had triple bypass surgery this early morning. That went well but he when he woke up, he was belligerent as hell, still messed up from the meds. Arguing with nurses, fighting the tube, once that was out swore everyone was trying to kill him.

He better make it through this, because I need to remind him many times that his first words after all that, once I first spoke to him and told him to relax were " shut the **** up Justin."

Good times

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

My dad had triple bypass surgery this early morning. That went well but he when he woke up, he was belligerent as hell, still messed up from the meds. Arguing with nurses, fighting the tube, once that was out swore everyone was trying to kill him.

He better make it through this, because I need to remind him many times that his first words after all that, once I first spoke to him and told him to relax were " shut the **** up Justin."

Good times

Best of luck to your Dad on a speedy and full recovery

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Good times

Thoughts and prayers to you and your dad.  I hope his recovery goes well!  

...give my best to your mom, too, please.

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

Best of luck to your Dad on a speedy and full recovery

Appreciate it. So far so good I guess. One step at a time I was telling him last night and this morning. He was getting so far ahead of himself it was scaring me.

But the last time he was awake here for a bit he had a drink and said, wow I'm alive. And mom and I just laughed and he just said well it's going to be a long haul and back to sleep he went so maybe at least something I said got through to him. 

Worst days of your life suck, but at least i have at least one story out of it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Good times

All the best to your Dad. Are we to presume who Justin is or are you going to fill in the blank?