TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Uhhh. People ask me this a lot and I think I decided it's the original Xbox. Mines modded and has like 500+ games and I had a modded one in college that we lived on. 

And had there's a lot, I'm counting handhelds in there too but I think I only have four of those anyways. I think somewhere I have a list of everything I plan on getting and it's about 15 more. But with pong consoles and variants and stuff, I could go forever. Room I'm using is already pretty packed though

I have a friend that has one of those.  I still don't understand how they can get all of those games on there and I couldn't save 2 Madden franchises on a memory card.  I don't know how to computer good.

Did anyone ever play Joust?  I like Joust.  And Centipede.  

• Like 1

Anyone here in construction/real estate around the Madison/Milwaukee area? The last year has been insane for my business, I've never had to turn down more work. Granted, I've only been doing it for about 10 years but it seems like everyone in the state is trying to build a house right now, why is that?

57 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Anyone here in construction/real estate around the Madison/Milwaukee area? The last year has been insane for my business, I've never had to turn down more work. Granted, I've only been doing it for about 10 years but it seems like everyone in the state is trying to build a house right now, why is that?

Because the economy (including the real estate market) is doing very well now?

11 hours ago, StatKing said:

I’m in the field; It doesn’t help that every construction company is struggling to maintain 50% crew size add in never before seen lead times and everything is going very slowly. The third factor is people aren’t using their expendable income on food/drinks and vacations, instead the influx of people working from home and just people spending more time at home than ever before, everyone is wanting to do the projects they had only talked about for years 

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatZepp said:

I’m in the field; It doesn’t help that every construction company is struggling to maintain 50% crew size add in never before seen lead times and everything is going very slowly. The third factor is people aren’t using their expendable income on food/drinks and vacations, instead the influx of people working from home and just people spending more time at home than ever before, everyone is wanting to do the projects they had only talked about for years 

Supply chain issues have been killing me out big time. Had to wait 3 months to get a couple standard black railing spindles.

8 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I worked in the business for awhile and without looking it up I would assume the furniture industry is absolutely booming for the same reasons. 

22 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I worked in the business for awhile and without looking it up I would assume the furniture industry is absolutely booming for the same reasons. 

Kinda

There's a debilitating lack of foam that's making lead times for things like office chairs and mattresses tough.

28 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Everything is ready to boom, but you can't get raw materials and you can't get labor.

I'm in sales/engineering for manufacturing. Record year last year, but record lead times and every employee doing the work that probably 2.5 people should be doing. That end of year break that lets you recharge never came, carried my burned out tiredness into the new year.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Everything is ready to boom, but you can't get raw materials and you can't get labor.

I'm in sales/engineering for manufacturing. Record year last year, but record lead times and every employee doing the work that probably 2.5 people should be doing. That end of year break that lets you recharge never came, carried my burned out tiredness into the new year.

Absolutely! I have product sitting in a Texas port that I can’t even get trucked out of the port… been 3 months and My company does $140 billion in sales… if anyone had muscle to make things happen, we would, I can’t even imagine what small companies are dealing with getting product.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Absolutely! I have product sitting in a Texas port that I can’t even get trucked out of the port… been 3 months and My company does $140 billion in sales… if anyone had muscle to make things happen, we would, I can’t even imagine what small companies are dealing with getting product.

Would that be "your" company or one that employs you? If it's the former....congrats 👍

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Would that be "your" company or one that employs you? If it's the former....congrats 👍

Lol. If it was my company I probably wouldn’t be on this forum, I would of hopefully be spending this week following the playoffs from the owner’s box wondering who my team was playing next week. 

(Coincidentally, company founder does in fact own a team)

CNN -  Novak Djokovic has to comply with Spain's health rules to be able to compete in Madrid Open that kicks off in late April, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said on Monday.

The French Open's in May and they've just instituted similar regulations.