TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

The funniest thing is that only cryptobros actually believe that "ownership of the NFT" actually conveys any legal rights.  Seth Green could absolutely go ahead and make the show anyway.  He'd get sued, because the people who want to believe these things are valuable have a stake in protecting their value, but the law here is actually unclear.  The long and short of it though is that there aren't any legal rights inherent in data structures, the law is whatever it already is when the data structure is implemented, and the Merkle tree doesn't actually have anything to say about the meaning of its contents outside the peer-to-peer network it's implemented on.

The specific point of law is actually an interesting one since bona fide purchasers of a hot item are protected by law if they can demonstrate that they were legitimately ignorant of it previously being stolen, but the blockchain keeps a publicly visible ledger of every single transaction that the ape in question has ever been part of (this is one of the selling points of the technology), so the current owner of said Ape would have a hard time demonstrating ignorance.

My hot take is that Mr. Green saw the bottom fall out of the crypto market, and that the response to the trailer for his show from people who weren't already true believers was on the tepid-to-hostile end of the spectrum, that this is a convenient pretense to punt on the show.  It might have been envisioned in an environment where "NFTs are just going to keep becoming a bigger and bigger deal" which is not a thing that has come to pass. 

Edited by PossibleCabbage

The odd thing is that there doesn't really seem like there's any way you can make crypto art about anything except crypto, whereas "this show was literally made to sell plastic toys to kids" has sometimes made something with artistic value.

Like if you want to tell a story about a cartoon monkey, what value is there with having it be a cartoon monkey tried to an NFT and not just "a different cartoon monkey that you came up with yourself and didn't have to pay anybody else for."  Other people who have bought into the NFT thing are the only people who are going to value "that's a BAYC Ape!" more than "that's a cartoon ape" and I don't think that's as big of a market as a lot of people hoped.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

#1 Did you get a dethatcher attachment?

#2 When can I borrow it?

I was going to.  But the salesperson said that they were pretty awful and most people returned them.  And...the dealer didn't really take them back just because they didn't work as expected.

She said I was better off getting one from Fleet Farm because their return/credit policy is much easier.

But....here's one for you.  

https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-14-Inch-Corded-Dethatcher-27022/dp/B0030BG1HM/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqJnMzof-9wIVZPLjBx1wIwQXEAAYAiAAEgIYt_D_BwE&hvadid=238243248471&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1027931&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3464708992943143593&hvtargid=kwd-326860276474&hydadcr=28722_9846219&keywords=greenworks+electric+dethatcher&qid=1653598817&sr=8-3

Greenworks electric/corded dethatcher.  Under $80.  I use this thing at home and at the cottage.  It does an amazing job.

Seriously, it is at my home in Pewaukee.  If you would like to use it to try it, just let me know.  It has saved me sooo much time and effort.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I was going to.  But the salesperson said that they were pretty awful and most people returned them.  And...the dealer didn't really take them back just because they didn't work as expected.

She said I was better off getting one from Fleet Farm because their return/credit policy is much easier.

But....here's one for you.  

https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-14-Inch-Corded-Dethatcher-27022/dp/B0030BG1HM/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqJnMzof-9wIVZPLjBx1wIwQXEAAYAiAAEgIYt_D_BwE&hvadid=238243248471&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1027931&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3464708992943143593&hvtargid=kwd-326860276474&hydadcr=28722_9846219&keywords=greenworks+electric+dethatcher&qid=1653598817&sr=8-3

Greenworks electric/corded dethatcher.  Under $80.  I use this thing at home and at the cottage.  It does an amazing job.

Seriously, it is at my home in Pewaukee.  If you would like to use it to try it, just let me know.  It has saved me sooo much time and effort.

I've looked at that one many times, two big issues for me #1 outdoor outlets weren't much of a thing when my house was built in the 60's, #2 I'm on a wooded lot and I added a large garden out front, so the cord would be a bit of a nightmare for me.

I've got the Ryobi One weedwhacker, edger, leaf blower and power washer, but the dethatcher is $429. I love my lawn, but I'm raking for a week before I drop that. I've got an early 90's Honda RT5000 utility tractor that runs like a top, I just need to find a tow-behind that is well reviewed for it. 

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've looked at that one many times, two big issues for me #1 outdoor outlets weren't much of a thing when my house was built in the 60's, #2 I'm on a wooded lot and I added a large garden out front, so the cord would be a bit of a nightmare for me.

I've got the Ryobi One weedwhacker, edger, leaf blower and power washer, but the dethatcher is $429. I love my lawn, but I'm raking for a week before I drop that. I've got an early 90's Honda RT5000 utility tractor that runs like a top, I just need to find a tow-behind that is well reviewed for it. 

You're way too young to act this damn old

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've looked at that one many times, two big issues for me #1 outdoor outlets weren't much of a thing when my house was built.....

Same here but I had electrical outlets put on all four corners of the house years ago and now I'm fully functional in all directions and to all corners of the property (except the back half of the back field. Whats gone wild back there can stay wild for I care at this point). I've cycled out of all my gas powered tools (the maintenance was more hassle than they were worth) - so the outlets was money very well spent IMO. Think about it.

• Like 1