TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I disagree.  EA needs all the bad press it can get.  What they’ve done to fans of franchise mode in Madden is criminal. 

Lol. That **** won't work. A bunch of angry smelly neckbeards making duplicate metacritic accounts doesn't do anything. It doesn't stop the money machine and it's bull****. I don't want EVERYONE to bull**** me. It's not that ******* bad, it was just a circle jerk even morons who never even play it can get on board with. 

Review bombing is retarded. It just pisses off devs and publishers, the gaming media is already a click bait anger factory. None of the people inside of publishing take it seriously. They just count the cash and laugh. 

I'm not convinced they're anyone who can even step in right now and give us a clearly better product in the near future, not that it would matter, anything that is made they pretend is better than Madden, I have the other trash football games on current gen and they're hilariously bad. 2k5 isn't as great as all these idiots remember. And I guarantee I play it far more often than they do. 

EA hate has been out of control for a decade, everyone is doing the exact same **** they are, any company on that sort of scale anyways.

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve got an 82 inch TV and I’d still rather watch it on my 13 inch laptop screen than pay for it.  It’s a matter of principle.  Give us the option to pay for the games we want to watch and we will pay for them.

82 inch TV? 

I bet Madden 21 looks amazing on that!

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol. That **** won't work. A bunch of angry smelly neckbeards making duplicate metacritic accounts doesn't do anything. It doesn't stop the money machine and it's bull****. I don't want EVERYONE to bull**** me. It's not that ******* bad, it was just a circle jerk even morons who never even play it can get on board with. 

Review bombing is retarded. It just pisses off devs and publishers, the gaming media is already a click bait anger factory. None of the people inside of publishing take it seriously. They just count the cash and laugh. 

I'm not convinced they're anyone who can even step in right now and give us a clearly better product in the near future, not that it would matter, anything that is made they pretend is better than Madden, I have the other trash football games on current gen and they're hilariously bad. 2k5 isn't as great as all these idiots remember. And I guarantee I play it far more often than they do. 

EA hate has been out of control for a decade, everyone is doing the exact same **** they are, any company on that sort of scale anyways.

In the case of Madden, you might be right about the reviews not having an impact. In the case of other games, I'm not sure I agree. I didn't buy TLOU2 due to the reviews and leaks and I know several others who loved the original didn't as well.

I also disagree that the gaming media is a click bait anger factory. The gaming media is the most fawning paid off bunch of sychophants ever. They make the MJS packer beat writers look like serious hard hitting journalists. There isn't an honest journalist left among the major publications. Kotaku? Polygon? Game Informer? All toadies struggling to maintain their early access.

EA hate is at adequate levels. There isn't enough hate for it's compatriots like Blizzard and Activision. EA holding the exclusive license and producing the same garbage annually (now with 238% more microtransactions!!!!) is a special kind of garbage though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In the case of Madden, you might be right about the reviews not having an impact. In the case of other games, I'm not sure I agree. I didn't buy TLOU2 due to the reviews and leaks and I know several others who loved the original didn't as well.

I also disagree that the gaming media is a click bait anger factory. The gaming media is the most fawning paid off bunch of sychophants ever. They make the MJS packer beat writers look like serious hard hitting journalists. There isn't an honest journalist left among the major publications. Kotaku? Polygon? Game Informer? All toadies struggling to maintain their early access.

EA hate is at adequate levels. There isn't enough hate for it's compatriots like Blizzard and Activision. EA holding the exclusive license and producing the same garbage annually (now with 238% more microtransactions!!!!) is a special kind of garbage though.

Sorry, I shouldn't have used gaming media, AFAIK, most "Gamers" (the kind of ppl who review bomb) get all their takes from YouTubers who are an anger factory. Those YTers can easily easily easily rile their bases up into doing this kind of stuff over the most minuscule little things. One of the biggest complaints was a guy basically boundary broke the game with the replay camera to find a 100 pixel long MADDEN 19 sign at the very top of the stadiums back wall, YOU WOULD NEVER SEE THIS, 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of people would never see that. And if they did WHO ******* CARES, it means nothing, but oh "it means they don't care." False, it was actually impressive they ever bothered to put that damn thing up there in the first place back then. Did anyone go OH WOW LOOK AT THE DETAIL IN MADDEN 19!!!!!!!!!! no. None of these ppl bitching about the new game mode have even played it, they just saw Johnny****Stickerunio or whatever YT made a 8 minute video titled ISTHIS THE WORST VIDEO GAME MODE OF ALL TIME?~!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? and they eat it up.

I'm sad you passed on TLOU2 from the leaks, I never played the first but I know all the story now and when the leak freakouts started I went to see what they were and I had absolutely zero understanding of the issues at first other than "strong man no die to SJW girl!!!" or whatever. GIRLS CANT HAVE MUSCLES!!!! grrrrrrrrrr why ellie no hot 9 year old i can fap to anymore?!??!?! Was there something i missed? Why did it make you skip it

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-16-the-last-of-us-part-2-is-the-third-highest-grossing-game-in-the-us-in-playstation-history

Third highest PS game in US history too, so yeah maybe you and a bunch of people didn't buy it, but they still made money. Also it wasn't because it was some sort of broken POS, it was because people disagreed with the way the story went and Druckmann's direction, which is way worse to me. Like okay you don't like the story, fine, doens't make it a 0/10 game because you don't want to see muscle bounded women. Dumb. (maybe there's more that I missed to this whole thing but I think I know most of it, just seemed like dragging a game to a zero score bc you don't like what happened to the characters as pretty lame)

The current big freak out is with the new Bandicoot game where these little squirrel whatvever things DONT HAVE BIG ENUF TIDDIES. These are the ppl review bombing games. People who are mad fake animal things that are like teenagers in the game, don't have huge massive ****. So again, **** review bombers.

Edited by Norm

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

82 inch TV? 

I bet Madden 21 looks amazing on that!

Yeah, it does.  I keep kicking myself though.  I wanted the 86 inch TV that was a little lower quality for the same price.  I can’t tell a single difference on quality of TV.  Past regular HD, I really can’t tell a single solitary difference, so I should have just gotten 4 more inches.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, it does.  I keep kicking myself though.  I wanted the 86 inch TV that was a little lower quality for the same price.  I can’t tell a single difference on quality of TV.  Past regular HD, I really can’t tell a single solitary difference, so I should have just gotten 4 more inches.

What brand is it?

Googling them now, I thought they'd be far more expensive when you got into this kinda size.

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

What brand is it?

Googling them now, I thought they'd be far more expensive when you got into this kinda size.

It’s a Samsung.  They’re a lot cheaper than I thought, too.  Mine was 2,000 dollars after taxes.

You can get some 8K TVs for the price of a new car though.  

My next house I’m going to get the biggest TV possible under 10,000 dollars.

And Norm, you’re the worst kind of person.

”It won’t change anything...” That’s not remotely true at all.  

You’re right.  If it’s a political issue on either side, it’s dumb.  If the product is ****, review bombing is absolutely warranted.

The reviews for Madden center around 8 ****ing years of no improvements whatsoever to the one aspect EA has an exclusive license on, which is simulation football.

They are charging 60 dollars every year for roster updates.  And the roster updates aren’t even real.  All those players who opted out due to covid?  They’ve been given a complete PCL tear because Madden can’t even add a ****ing opt out option to the injury report.

I don’t know much about video game programming, but something tells me it might take ten ****ing minutes to add a new injury designation.

So don’t tell me it’s dumb to be pissed off at such negligence from EA and the NFL.  

I ****ing like simulation football games.  I like the team building aspect of it.  It was Madden 04 that got me interested in the draft, in team building, in cap health, in that aspect of building Super Bowl teams.

It’s no different than a **** movie.  Especially a remake or sequel.  If it ****s on the original, giving it a negative review is perfectly warranted.  If you’re giving it a **** review because it’s liberal or conservative, you’re right, that’s a little childish, but for **** products?  Nope.

If McDonalds got an exclusive world license for hamburgers and they started using 90% soy in their burgers, 5% flavoring and 5% beef, would you not try to get people to stop buying their ****ing burgers until their exclusive license ended or they improved their ****ing hamburgers?

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And Norm, you’re the worst kind of person.

”It won’t change anything...” That’s not remotely true at all.  

You’re right.  If it’s a political issue on either side, it’s dumb.  If the product is ****, review bombing is absolutely warranted.

The reviews for Madden center around 8 ****ing years of no improvements whatsoever to the one aspect EA has an exclusive license on, which is simulation football.

They are charging 60 dollars every year for roster updates.  And the roster updates aren’t even real.  All those players who opted out due to covid?  They’ve been given a complete PCL tear because Madden can’t even add a ****ing opt out option to the injury report.

I don’t know much about video game programming, but something tells me it might take ten ****ing minutes to add a new injury designation.

So don’t tell me it’s dumb to be pissed off at such negligence from EA and the NFL.  

I ****ing like simulation football games.  I like the team building aspect of it.  It was Madden 04 that got me interested in the draft, in team building, in cap health, in that aspect of building Super Bowl teams.

It’s no different than a **** movie.  Especially a remake or sequel.  If it ****s on the original, giving it a negative review is perfectly warranted.  If you’re giving it a **** review because it’s liberal or conservative, you’re right, that’s a little childish, but for **** products?  Nope.

If McDonalds got an exclusive world license for hamburgers and they started using 90% soy in their burgers, 5% flavoring and 5% beef, would you not try to get people to stop buying their ****ing burgers until their exclusive license ended or they improved their ****ing hamburgers?

Yeah, all I hear is wahhhhhhhhhhh I don't like this thing so I'm going to pretend it's the worst thing ever wahhh. It's just a child's tantrum, we're adults. You should be able to convince me easily how terrible a product is without the **** they pull. It doesn't move me, it makes me want to complete ignore your complaints because these people aren't even attempting to be rational. Half of it is just OMG I WANT IN THE ANGRY CIRCLE JERK TOO (even though I never even wanted this product in the first place and truly have no idea how good or bad it is!)

I wish Madden was better, I wish they put more into it, I wish they had a competitor the last decade. But I'd slit my throat before I'd spend all day like those losers did making new accs to put zero reviews on some website.

And no, it won't change anything. NFL/PA and EA aren't going to cut ties over Metacritic. They will still make loads of money off this game. They don't care. EA has been treated like this for how long? What has it done? Nothing. They dropped the loot boxes on the SW game because Disney got scared of the gambling part. That's it. They don't care. They especially don't and shouldn't care about review bombing losers.

Edited by Norm

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Sorry, I shouldn't have used gaming media, AFAIK, most "Gamers" (the kind of ppl who review bomb) get all their takes from YouTubers who are an anger factory. Those YTers can easily easily easily rile their bases up into doing this kind of stuff over the most minuscule little things. One of the biggest complaints was a guy basically boundary broke the game with the replay camera to find a 100 pixel long MADDEN 19 sign at the very top of the stadiums back wall, YOU WOULD NEVER SEE THIS, 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of people would never see that. And if they did WHO ******* CARES, it means nothing, but oh "it means they don't care." False, it was actually impressive they ever bothered to put that damn thing up there in the first place back then. Did anyone go OH WOW LOOK AT THE DETAIL IN MADDEN 19!!!!!!!!!! no. None of these ppl bitching about the new game mode have even played it, they just saw Johnny****Stickerunio or whatever YT made a 8 minute video titled ISTHIS THE WORST VIDEO GAME MODE OF ALL TIME?~!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? and they eat it up.

I'm sad you passed on TLOU2 from the leaks, I never played the first but I know all the story now and when the leak freakouts started I went to see what they were and I had absolutely zero understanding of the issues at first other than "strong man no die to SJW girl!!!" or whatever. GIRLS CANT HAVE MUSCLES!!!! grrrrrrrrrr why ellie no hot 9 year old i can fap to anymore?!??!?! Was there something i missed? Why did it make you skip it

The current big freak out is with the new Bandicoot game where these little squirrel whatvever things DONT HAVE BIG ENUF TIDDIES. These are the ppl review bombing games. People who are mad fake animal things that are like teenagers in the game, don't have huge massive ****. So again, **** review bombers.

As far as Madden goes, the problem isn't the little things like the asset tags. The problem is that the game hasn't improved in a decade. The only visible changes to these games have been roster updates and ways to jam in more microtransactions. The game still uses the same vacuum tackling. The blocking is still a joke. The core of the game has gotten stale. We've all played a thousand games of Madden. 

Rather than implementing improvements to the core game or improving modes like Franchise or Career mode, they continue to push the Madden Ultimate Team. It's gambling for children/teenagers. I just paid 60 dollars for this game, I don't want to spend another 60 on card packs. It seems like every loading or pause screen pushes the stupid MUT. And it's not even like it's new stuff. The game actually takes away cosmetics that were free in older versions and now makes you pay for them. 

The objection isn't to the labels themselves. The objection is to the company spending every resource on nonsense and not enough on actually QC checking their game such that this stuff gets missed.

+++

As far as TLOU2, let's be real, the gameplay in these games is pretty ****ty. It's a painful shooter, a middling stealth platform, and built on an unimaginative crafting system. You play the original for the transcendent story and exquisite characterization. So if there story is going to be mediocre and they're going to remove one of the main characters, I don't really want to play it. 

I watched a playthrough of it when I decided I didn't want to play it. It's just bad. The writers decided they didn't want to deal with Joel anymore, so they dropped him and walked away from him without doing anything with it. It was like watching a kid decide they were bored with a toy and dropping it for the new thing. Except that I'm emotionally invested in that toy.

If you're going to kill off one of my favorite characters, I don't want to then play as that character. I want to focus every bit of my energy on destroying that character. And that seemed entirely incomprehensible to the writers. The extent that they worked to get me to like Abby was just bizarre. The forced juxtaposition with the dogs where Abby got to play with them, and Ellie had to kill them was just painful. For a game that communicated so much without saying a ton in the previous rendition, Jesus did they try and beat it into your head that Abby was the good guy. 

Maybe my biggest issue here though was that it just was unrelenting with the misery. I get that the message was that revenge serves no purpose other than to breed more revenge and misery as a byproduct, but good grief was this game miserable. It was obsessed with reiterating that point beyond subtlety. It tells you to clear out a building, and when you succeed it lectures you about killing people. It forces you to kill a guard dog so you can sneak by and then lectures you about it. It's the sort of scolding I expect in an RPG where I intentionally made the renegade choice. 

It lacked the Joel/Ellie relationship. Half of what made traversing in the original bearable was the banter that they had. This game lacks that. The other thing that it really seemed to lack was the set pieces. If the standard game play is going to be boring, those sweet pieces and the banter break it up. Otherwise you're just trudging from one mediocre encounter to another. 

As far as Abby being super muscular goes, it's just sort of a weird design choice. Everybody else in this world is on the brink of starvation, and Abby's the sort of jacked that women only get if they're on a specialized diet and lifting every day. It didn't vibe with some of the female empowerment messaging. Like, " Girls, you also can be this cool if you're 6'1 200lbs, 9% bodyfat, so basically a dude"

+++ 

I can't speak to Crash Bandicoot, I haven't seen it anywhere.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah, all I hear is wahhhhhhhhhhh I don't like this thing so I'm going to pretend it's the worst thing ever wahhh. It's just a child's tantrum, we're adults. You should be able to convince me easily how terrible a product is without the **** they pull. It doesn't move me, it makes me want to complete ignore your complaints because these people aren't even attempting to be rational. Half of it is just OMG I WANT IN THE ANGRY CIRCLE JERK TOO (even though I never even wanted this product in the first place and truly have no idea how good or bad it is!)

I wish Madden was better, I wish they put more into it, I wish they had a competitor the last decade. But I'd slit my throat before I'd spend all day like those losers did making new accs to put zero reviews on some website.

And no, it won't change anything. NFL/PA and EA aren't going to cut ties over Metacritic. They will still make loads of money off this game. They don't care. EA has been treated like this for how long? What has it done? Nothing. They dropped the loot boxes on the SW game because Disney got scared of the gambling part. That's it. They don't care. They especially don't and shouldn't care about review bombing losers.

Review Bombing isn't to change practices directly. It's to influence potentially interested customers not to buy it. If those customers don't buy it, that affects the bottom line, which EA does care about.

And if you don't think they care about perception, explain why are so many bots posting positive reviews. That TLOU2 metacritic page has some of the most obvious bots I've ever seen. Ctrl+F the phrase "Naughty Dog has done it again". At one point there was 7 consecutive reviews with that heading. They have 7 phrases, 3 are randomly picked and put in the body of the review and then give either a 9 or 10. It seriously looks like it was done as some sort of computing class in Moscow.

Hell, the Star Wars people got really damn salty about it on RT

• Like 1