TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s a Samsung.  They’re a lot cheaper than I thought, too.  Mine was 2,000 dollars after taxes.

You can get some 8K TVs for the price of a new car though.  

My next house I’m going to get the biggest TV possible under 10,000 dollars.

Why?.....just why? I've never understood the idea of having such a huge TV. I'll stick with my 38 inch. Thanks...

Madden has been pretty much the same game for about 20 years.  I bought 18 or 19, I can't remember, because it was like 10 dollars and I felt like playing some football and running a few fake drafts. The last one I had before this was 08, I think, on PS2.  I really can't tell the difference, even the graphics aren't much better than I remember (I'm probably wrong about that).  I honestly don't understand the appeal of the "new" game, when it has been the same.  

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So the image is bigger.

at current prices, 60" is about where my sweet spot lands. Maybe up to like 72" if I was moving into a new place and not tied down to my current furniture/room arrangement. Past that, it's not worth it to me for the extra $$ and just dealing with the space it takes up, etc.

As far as other selling points, I'm not sure 8k will ever been one for me. $k is an improvement over HD, but from the couch, it's a small one.

HDR interests me but I'd want to see it in real viewing conditions before shelling out much for it. My current TV sucks at reproducing darks though. It just crushes the whole lower end of the image into a uniform greenish black so night scenes become fairly obnoxious to watch. I'm sure that there's plenty of non-HDR TVs that have better color space in the darks though. The demo reels they play in Target don't do a good job of differentiating though.

You can always tell which crisis humanity in your area is facing by the displays at the front of your local Home Depot. A few weeks ago I went and it was all generators. Now it's all fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. In years prior it would be N95 masks and half-face respirators but those no longer exist.

Tough time for me.  My father passed on Thursday.  And there is a story with his passing.

Many of you may remember him from his "Observations of a Railbird" articles.  Dad loved the Packers.  Very much.  He also loved to fish and that man ALWAYS supported me in anything that I did or wanted to do.  As such, we spent countless great hours in a boat.

Thursday I was fishing with my wife for muskies.  I got a 45.5 incher pretty early in the morning.  Around 6:00AM.  We were going to fish until 2:00.  For the rest of the day, I was hoping, praying that a fish would eat her bait.  One of those bites where the musky just sucks in the whole bait and has no choice but to hook itself.

Well, around 1:45PM, we were winding down the trip when she shrieks.  A large musky has taken her bait right at the boat.  She battled the beast perfectly and soon a 46.5 inch fish slipped into the net.  It was the biggest one she has ever caught.  We took a few pictures after removing the hooks and released it back into the water to fight again another day.  Then our day was over and it was time to get back home.

On the drive back, my mother called to tell me that Dad had passed about a half hour earlier.  He passed at 2:45, Florida time.  That would be 1:45 "our" time.  To the minute, that fish ate at the time of his death.  And it was a 46.5 incher.

Dad's favorite number in sports was 46.  It was the number he wore when he played.

They say that when loved ones pass, they send a sign that they are alright.  I know this was a sign.  Even during his death, the man made my wish come true that my wife would get a fish.  And he made it a 46 just to make sure that I understood that it came from him.

It's hard over here.  Really hard.  I miss that man with every minute that passes.  I know time will help, but dang this is tough.

• Like 8