TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 3/18/2023 at 5:58 AM, incognito_man said:

We've unfortunately suffered from terrible gerrymandering and the state legislature is controlled by backwards people for awhile and the foreseeable future.

That and the tavern league is a damn powerful lobby there. Definitely a good ol boys network but has had a lot of influence as bars obviously make up a huge number of small businesses in WI. The fact that you can’t buy beer in a store after 9pm in many places in a state as drunk as Wisconsin defies all sense. Hope they can break the gerrymander for many reasons but being bordered by all states including Canada having legal cannabis is laughable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I somehow missed the Haslams buying into the Bucks. Thank gosh the Packers don't have an owner. I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't support them because their owner was a POS.

Yet there are several on this site that have stated that they wished the Packers had an owner to force certain moves to be made. Can't imagine a single fan that would prefer an individual owner over what the Packers have, but they do walk amongst us.  

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I somehow missed the Haslams buying into the Bucks. Thank gosh the Packers don't have an owner. I'd be heartbroken if I couldn't support them because their owner was a POS.

It is concerning based on his horrible tenure and supposed influence on the Browns’ moves, but also the shady business practices of his companies. Lasry also was also supposedly involved in bring Kidd in and other meddling not to mention trying to buy his son a senate seat, so it’s not like he’s replacing a saint. I just care about them maximizing this window while a small market NBA has real title opportunities. 

On 3/18/2023 at 4:08 AM, PossibleCabbage said:

It has long struck me as odd that Wisconsin has some of the most restrictive cannabis laws in the United States given the local attitudes towards other mood altering substances.  It's abundantly clear that the sky does not fall if you legalize it and I don't even like the stuff.

This is a strange issue, but I can break the delay down for you. I spoke to Brad Schimel, the former attorney general for WI, about this after his band played my event.

The reason for the delay compared to say, Illinois, is that Scott Walker was adamant he’d veto anything related to weed. So republicans in favor didn’t even bother during his governorship.

When Evers won (and Schimel lost re-election)— in Milwaukee and Dane counties—the two blue strongholds in WI that essentially govern the remaining counties, local law makers added questions just asking if voters would support legalizing. So everyone that loves weed—voted. But they won’t do anything towards legalizing yet because they want to keep making it an issue each election cycle, barely making each progress while getting voters out to the polls. I bet in 2024 we get another question on the polls related to weed to get those voters to show to polls again.

Almost all of the marijuana products in WI are coming from the Upper Peninsula. You can buy a lot more for a lot cheaper than Illinois. Even Milwaukee dealers are simply buying up the overproduction from the UP.

Edited by ChaRisMa
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

This is a strange issue, but I can break the delay down for you. I spoke to Brad Schimel, the former attorney general for WI, about this after his band played my event.

He went from Atty General to playing at weddings etc in a band?

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

He went from Atty General to playing at weddings etc in a band?

100% of proceeds go to American Cancer Society or the local chapter of it so to say.

He’s played it about 15 years consecutively, including while serving as AG. It’s a hobby band. He slappa da bass, mon. Entire band is made of lawyers including one member that went to college with my father. Funny story, met my dads college bud in the band (not the AG), and he proceeds to tell me my dad went streaking in college—with a broken leg. Naked running across campus on crutches.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:56 PM, R T said:

Yet there are several on this site that have stated that they wished the Packers had an owner to force certain moves to be made. Can't imagine a single fan that would prefer an individual owner over what the Packers have, but they do walk amongst us.  

The next thing you know (after being owned by a single owner) is Lambeau Field becomes Miss Millie's stadium or American Axle and Manufacturing stadium.

40 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The next thing you know (after being owned by a single owner) is Lambeau Field becomes Miss Millie's stadium or American Axle and Manufacturing stadium.

More than likely there wouldn't be a Lambeau Field and the Packers would have went the way of the Portsmouth Spartans.