TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You both are mentioning animals that live in the ocean, a place I'll never have to go unless the entire world floods, thus neither animal is on my list. I'm far more terrified by poisonous spiders and snakes which is why where I live is perfect. 

George Soros will pay to send those animals to your house though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

These especially. The Welsh are not to be underestimated.

Welshman here. It’s true. We got off that potato island they called Ireland. We did it. Then we got to America and we’re like “Yeah this is cool”.

True story. Don’t underestimate us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

If either want to do you in.....your ticket's pretty much been punched.

Nah, I hear yah bop the shark on the nose and its had it. To keep an Orca at bay you have to go get the kid from free willy and thats a whole thing.

Edited by HighCalebR

Has anyone got a bug in the eye so bad it rendered you completely helpless? Was walking dog, took gnat in eye and it dropped me to my knees literally and I was drooling and snotting and moaning and couldn't function it hurt so bad. Can still barely open eye an hour later...

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is where we have fun and talk about movies and camping trips and new cars.  And we follow the rules.

Pontius Pilate washes his hands of TAPT 69.

Pilate.jpg?fit=500,281&w=640

We can do it!  We can do it right! We can do it, ALL NIGHT LONG!

69 was a riot, should've kept open.

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone ever been cage diving with Great Whites? I've been to Cape Town, SA twice and gone a handful of times. Pretty awesome experience if you're into that sort of thing. 

I have seen sharks when diving.  They kept their distance pretty well.  We make a lot of noise with SCUBA gear.  Sharks don't want to mess with 10 or so really loud things about the same size as them.  I haven't gone on any shark dives though.  My dad had a video of one of his shark dives in the 90s, that was on a trip that I didn't get to go on.  I don't know if I would like the cage dive.  I don't like not being free.  A less aggressive shark, but free dive would probably be best for me. 

Scariest thing that I have seen (besides octopus, they really creep me out) was a 8-10 foot moray eel.  Bastard was gnarly.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leader said:

If either want to do you in.....your ticket's pretty much been punched.

Not disagreeing, really, but there are differences in the ticket-punching. The shark is more easily manipulated, given its piscine brain. A punch to the eye or snout might re-set its priority from feeding to avoidance.

An orca, on the other hand, is processing information way differently. Generally, they seem to identify humans and watercraft as something different and avoid them. I’m not telling you something you don’t know obviously. I’m just pointing out that there is already a mammalian calculation evident in their relation to us. Should the calculation change and we become a hunted target... pfft! Better have a harpoon cannon in your back pocket to even things up, because they have home field advantage, they know our playbook, their brains are bigger, their brawn is like Katy Perry vs Refrigerator Perry, and they have generational memories stretching back eons while we can’t remember what we ate for breakfast yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

An orca, on the other hand, is processing information way differently. Generally, they seem to identify humans and watercraft as something different and avoid them. I’m not telling you something you don’t know obviously......

Actually....not be be disagreeable....although the depth and breadth of my knowledge is....well, fairly large.....the mental processes of Orca's isnt one of my strong suits :)