TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 10/12/2020 at 9:09 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I've got Pennsylvania and Ohio man. At least yours are locked in. 

I swear I haven't seen a non political advertisement in 3 months.

Oh you poor thing 🤢....I only have PA and NJ, but I can only acknowledge how nauseating it is to deal with Ohio seeings how OH and FL have traditionally determined who our president is(thank you E.C.). Thank god election day is on a Tuesday(my day off) so I can stay the XXXX in and not have to deal with the violence that will undoubtedly occur across the river in Philly...

Edited by Joe

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oh you poor thing 🤢....I only have PA and NJ, but I can only acknowledge how nauseating it is to deal with Ohio seeings how OH and FL have traditionally determined who our president is(thank you E.C.). Thank god election day is on a Tuesday(my day off) so I can stay the XXXX in and not have to deal with the violence that will undoubtedly occur across the river in Philly...

St Louis in the house!!!!!

I just hate the political ads.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the Illinois candidates do one set of ads for Chicago, and one set of ads for the rest of the state.  Both sides seem to want to paint themselves as "not a Chicago politician," but that seems like a pretty bad strategy for winning.  Of course, they are probably local seats and I just haven't paid enough attention to the races.  Whomever wins the Illinois race is going to benefit from my tax dollars, and I don't get a say.  I think I am going to throw their tea into the river.....

On 10/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

St Louis in the house!!!!!

I just hate the political ads.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the Illinois candidates do one set of ads for Chicago, and one set of ads for the rest of the state.  Both sides seem to want to paint themselves as "not a Chicago politician," but that seems like a pretty bad strategy for winning.  Of course, they are probably local seats and I just haven't paid enough attention to the races.  Whomever wins the Illinois race is going to benefit from my tax dollars, and I don't get a say.  I think I am going to throw their tea into the river.....

I have relatives in Central IL. The best thing that could ever happen to IL and WI is that the Milwaukee and Chicago metros form their own state and F-all to the rest of either state. Nothing would be gained or lost for either of our two lobbyist controlled parties. XXXX politics!!!

Who was it that told me beer is supposed to be room temperature?

First, don’t ever say I’m closed minded.

Second, I get it.  I’ve thought about that for a while, so I’ve been leaving some of each beer to try a bit of it at room temperature.

Sam Adams still tastes great at warm temperature.  A lot of darker beers do, too.  Guinness, Shiner Bock, this one German beer I tried.

Sam Adams is my favorite beer and it still tastes great at room temperature.

Major Light beers taste like **** warm, but they still taste good cold so I’m gonna keep slamming those down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Who was it that told me beer is supposed to be room temperature?

First, don’t ever say I’m closed minded.

Second, I get it.  I’ve thought about that for a while, so I’ve been leaving some of each beer to try a bit of it at room temperature.

Sam Adams still tastes great at warm temperature.  A lot of darker beers do, too.  Guinness, Shiner Bock, this one German beer I tried.

Sam Adams is my favorite beer and it still tastes great at room temperature.

Major Light beers taste like **** warm, but they still taste good cold so I’m gonna keep slamming those down.

Definitely get light beer to not-quite-slushy chill. Other than that, room temp is fine to good

Edited by HighCalebR

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Definitely get light beer to not-quite-slushy chill. Other than that, room temp is fine to good

The UK, where many a fine porter and stout are brewed, like their beer close to room temp.  For darker beers, it is great but can get a bit overboard on lighter styles,  especially if you're nursing your pint.

In Germany, your beer will arrive cold but not ice cold.  Ice cold should be reserved for beer you don't really want to get the full flavor of which is not my style.  On the beach or with some BBQ,  ice cold beer does have its place but I would rather drink 3 beers I like with some kick than 6 beers that don't get the job done and have me looking to add a lime.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

The UK, where many a fine porter and stout are brewed, like their beer close to room temp.  For darker beers, it is great but can get a bit overboard on lighter styles,  especially if you're nursing your pint.

In Germany, your beer will arrive cold but not ice cold.  Ice cold should be reserved for beer you don't really want to get the full flavor of which is not my style.  On the beach or with some BBQ,  ice cold beer does have its place but I would rather drink 3 beers I like with some kick than 6 beers that don't get the job done and have me looking to add a lime.

Lol preecisely the beers I had in mind.

I feel the same way amigo. Unless im drinking nooners with the boys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

On the beach or with some BBQ,  ice cold beer does have its place but I would rather drink 3 beers I like with some kick than 6 beers that don't get the job done and have me looking to add a lime.

I realised I'm old when I had the thought of "well, I COULD drink a Miller Lite; alternately, I could have just as much of a buzz and flavour from water, with fewer calories." 

Good beer is drinkable at any temp other than "hot." Bad beer is undrinkable at any temp other than "as cold as you can get it without having it freeze." 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I checked out Reddit for the first time. 

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm thankful for the idiot floor we've got here. 

You went to the Packers subreddit?

It's hilariously bad. But it's just so many casuals who are just redditors who kinda like GB.

The weirdest things get downvoted in there too