TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

So, what is everyone going to be eating during the first round of the draft?  

I'll be heading north for a fishing trip on Friday, so I'm likely to be finding some good burgers to grill.  Nothing fancy, just a good old grilled burger.

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be heading north for a fishing trip on Friday, so I'm likely to be finding some good burgers to grill.  Nothing fancy, just a good old grilled burger.

I'm going to get a frozen pizza from walmart.  One of those big ones with like 4 meats on it.  I am going to add peppers and onions and extra cheese.  I'll have to eat the thing with a fork because there is no way a slice will hold up.  Probably have some soda pops.  Friday will probably be left over pizza and some water, then switch to cocktails when I am done eating.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Raw bear liver and some Old Crow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Raw bear liver and some Old Crow

You know what?  You are onto something....

I do have some bear steaks (and burger) in my freezer.  I'm going fishing with a guy who once lived in Chicago and still follows the Bears.  (Though no a fanatic)

I should feed him Bear on Thursday night!

The more I think about this, the more I feel like it has to happen.  And he's on the Keto diet, so he loves to eat burgers without a bun, so he'd be eating pure Bear.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:44 PM, Refugee said:

To be fair, some just might not be as active on FF. I know plenty of diehard Hawks fans but don’t know what their preferred forum is. I remember some here did a takeover, I think of the Falcons board. Something like 20 comments from Packers fans doubled their traffic for the month. 

Also if you think about it.... If A Die hard of a certain team comes here in the forum is dead, they probably aren't going to stick around that long and we'll go looking for some place that's got a little more action

48 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Also if you think about it.... If A Die hard of a certain team comes here in the forum is dead, they probably aren't going to stick around that long and we'll go looking for some place that's got a little more action

I think the main reason we all come together here is for a little more action. 

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm going to get a frozen pizza from walmart.  One of those big ones with like 4 meats on it.  I am going to add peppers and onions and extra cheese.  I'll have to eat the thing with a fork because there is no way a slice will hold up.  Probably have some soda pops.  Friday will probably be left over pizza and some water, then switch to cocktails when I am done eating.

They not have reputable pizza joints in Missouri?

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I’d take a frozen pizza over a lot of pizza joints around here. The pizza joints may test better by varying margins but the $30-$40 for a pie they want is outrageous! Give me the frozen pie at 1/3 the cost. 

9 hours ago, Leader said:

St Louis has an Italian neighborhood called The Hill.  You can get all kinds of amazing food there.  My dad and I got a pretty good pizza this weekend at one of the places there.  The key is not getting "St Louis style" pizza, they use provel cheese, which is horrible.

But what I am getting is one of these:  Marketside-Ultimate-Meat-Pizza-Tradition

They are fantastic.  And when I doctor it up a little bit, it will be about an inch high and need to be eaten with a fork.  

• Like 1

Best pizza I've had is our home made pizza.  My wife makes a crust in her bread machine.  I stretch it out into our deep dish pan.  Saute onions, green peppers and mushrooms.  Fry up some mild italian sausage.  Put mozzarella slices on the crust (dough), put a thin coating of tomato paste on top of the cheese.  Then add some pizza sauce (Contandina).  Put on sausage and veggies.  Top with shredded mozzarella/provolone mix.  Add a little salt and oregano to the top, bake for 45 minutes at 375, covered with aluminum foil.  Take off foil and bake for another 5-6 minutes until cheese starts to brown.

The thing rises to a medium pan crust...or a little taller hand tossed crust.  And it's just amazing.

Outside of that, I do like taking a simple Home Run cheese pizza and doctoring it up with veggies and meat (with cheese) then baking it.  I like their crust/sauce, but my topping are just a lot better than theirs.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:44 AM, vegas492 said:

Day 1 I usually go simple, just takeout wings, some beer, fries, don't want to cook, just want maximum time to be in front of the TV after work.

Day 2 I usually take a half day at work, so this year going to pick up some filets on my way home, fire up the grill.

Day 3 is usually a liquid diet of beer, but I have my niece's 1st birthday, my brother did something I would never dare, procreate 9 months before draft season....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Day 1 I usually go simple, just takeout wings, some beer, fries, don't want to cook, just want maximum time to be in front of the TV after work.

Day 2 I usually take a half day at work, so this year going to pick up some filets on my way home, fire up the grill.

Day 3 is usually a liquid diet of beer, but I have my niece's 1st birthday, my brother did something I would never dare, procreate 9 months before draft season....

She will only be 1, she won't remember her uncle getting really drunk and yelling at the TV anyway.  

• Like 2