TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Religion? I thought this fell under common sense. It's actually science that men are stronger than women and build differently. Trying to protect the rights of women is not religion. It has been a long struggle for women to be treated fairly regarding access to sports. 

Wonder if @Pugger would care to weigh in. Sorry Pugger, you the only female poster I know. 

Progressivism is the new civil religion. I was agreeing with you. 

• Like 1

"Save Women's Sports, an organization advocating for banning transgender athletes from competing in girls' sports, identified only five transgender athletes competing on girls' teams in school sports for grades K through 12."

"Of the 15 transgender athletes competing in high school sports, only two are transgender girls according to an article by the Associated Press."

"Currently, 32 transgender athletes openly compete in college sports, Scott said, adding that there are more lawmakers on the committee — 45 — than college transgender athletes."

It's a non issue made so politicians can rile up idiots.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

"Save Women's Sports, an organization advocating for banning transgender athletes from competing in girls' sports, identified only five transgender athletes competing on girls' teams in school sports for grades K through 12."

"Of the 15 transgender athletes competing in high school sports, only two are transgender girls according to an article by the Associated Press."

"Currently, 32 transgender athletes openly compete in college sports, Scott said, adding that there are more lawmakers on the committee — 45 — than college transgender athletes."

It's a non issue made so politicians can rile up idiots.

Let's pretend hypothetically for a moment that you're right, and it's not happening. 

If it's not happening, why do you have a problem with banning it?

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Let's pretend hypothetically for a moment that you're right, and it's not happening. 

If it's not happening, why do you have a problem with banning it?

I just can't imagine having your head so far up your *** that you look around this world and come to the conclusion that the problem that really needs addressing is some queer kid in Waahinton or Arkansas running cross country. 

• Like 4

Nobody suggested that it was THE problem. The world is plenty ****ed in several other ways. No argument on that point. Nobody in their right mind would argue this is, OK? Nobody in their right mind would argue that when women/girls get hurt because the men/boys are stronger it's wrong.

Prior to the 2019 Women's World Cup soccer the US team (they went on to win the world cup.) played a Fifteen and under boys team from Texas. The boys beat them 4-1. 

Several of the women said afterwords it was not a fair match because the boys were bigger, faster, stronger. Go figure! 

The point is put an end to it before it gets more out of hand than it already is. The good news is women are starting to fight back. 

39 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nobody in their right mind would argue that when women/girls get hurt because the men/boys are stronger it's wrong.

That holds true until a woman hits a man. That invites a counter, especially if her hit hurts. I'm not endorsing that, but I certainly understand it. In fact, so many things could have played into that event, the rights or wrongs of it really is a case by case judgement.

Oh my what hole has this conversation gone down? 

Anyone have a recommendation for a pellet smoker? Been looking at Traeger but wondering what else is out there in the $900 range.

1 hour ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a pellet smoker? Been looking at Traeger but wondering what else is out there in the $900 range.

I've heard the Green Egg is pretty good. DO not have firsthand information on that one. I like my Traeger. 

23 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Religion? I thought this fell under common sense. It's actually science that men are stronger than women and build differently. Trying to protect the rights of women is not religion. It has been a long struggle for women to be treated fairly regarding access to sports. 

Wonder if @Pugger would care to weigh in. Sorry Pugger, you the only female poster I know. 

Allowing men to compete against women is nuts.  Once a boy goes thru puberty he is stronger and his lung capacity is larger than any woman.   Whenever you see videos of sporting events with men going up against women they totally dominate and the women have no chance.  It is utterly unfair to female athletes and goes against science.  This situation is destroying Title lX and women's athletics.  I feel bad to those girls and women who are going thru all of this garbage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

https://pitboss-grills.com/grills/wood-pellet/pit-boss-sportsman-1100-wood-pellet-grill

I love my Pitboss, but I'm a convenience guy with work and a kid the Bluetooth/wifi connectivity makes it easier, think the Traegers do that as well so I don't think that's necessarily the selling point of the Pitboss. Know people really like their Recteq, Weber is stepping into the game well now too I've heard. It's one of those things that there's so much competition in the market, you really can't go wrong. Pick the one that suits you best, the heat capability is something that others do better at than my Pitboss, but I've never had the need to go higher than the 500 degree limit mine has.