TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thanks!

This is my third Ram truck.  First I got a Ram Sport.  And it was fine.  Then the Rebels came out.  I had my Sport in for an oil change, saw the Silver with Black Rebel, 2017 pointed at it and said I wanted to buy it.  Loved that truck.  But once the new features came out, I think it was 2019, well, I had to get one.

Love how they made the 12 inch touchscreen.  Ram's interior by far exceeds any truck out there.  Add to that the different gearing on the Rebel and it is a great sport truck.

I tried buying a loaded Laramie, but I wanted that more aggressive look on the Rebel.  Having it lifted really helps and I dig the air ride suspension.

We toured some Christmas Lights last night at a local hotel.  Basically you wind through their woods where have a crap ton of scenes.  Bumper to Bumper.  I put the new Rebel into "Super Baja" Mode and it lifted up another 3 inches or so.  We were towering over the other trucks back there.  And that is probably the only time I'll have it in that Super Baja Mode.

I love this Rebel, but I also cannot wait to test drive a TRX when they hit the lots.  I can't imagine what another 300 horsepower feels like.

You get the 5.7 Hemi?  I've always had that engine.  

I really like the lifted look and feel - it feels good to be standing above the crowd - and the fact that it comes stock is great.  They definitely look tough, and as you said, the interior is really superior to most other trucks out their.  I contemplated the Raptor, but for whatever reason the Ram just speaks more to me.

I just purchased some Amp Research automatic retractable running boards.  Looking forward to getting those on.  Pricey as hell, but I like that they retract out of sight, so you maintain the lifted “look”.  I will say that some of the non-retractable steps and boards do make the truck look tough.

The TRX should be pretty awesome - more horses than I need, but I’ll definitely test drive one.

Enjoy your awesome Xmas gift Vegas - good on you!

53 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I really like the lifted look and feel - it feels good to be standing above the crowd - and the fact that it comes stock is great.  They definitely look tough, and as you said, the interior is really superior to most other trucks out their.  I contemplated the Raptor, but for whatever reason the Ram just speaks more to me.

I just purchased some Amp Research automatic retractable running boards.  Looking forward to getting those on.  Pricey as hell, but I like that they retract out of sight, so you maintain the lifted “look”.  I will say that some of the non-retractable steps and boards do make the truck look tough.

The TRX should be pretty awesome - more horses than I need, but I’ll definitely test drive one.

Enjoy your awesome Xmas gift Vegas - good on you!

Man.  I enjoy every minute of my 4 minute ride to work now.  LOL.

I had the standard running boards attached.  I like the look of the boards as they accent the truck.  Got the tonneau cover.  Tri fold and leather.  Much nicer than my old one.

I looked hard at the Raptor.  Love the exterior.  Interior was pretty dull.  I thought the engine of the Raptor was fine.  I didn't notice a lot of difference between the 6 cylinder with turbo versus the 5.7 Hemi and the gearing of the Rebel.  And with how the new Rebel has the enhanced sport hood, to go along with the Night package, I thought the exteriors were too close to justify the extra $40lk on a Raptor.  But, in being fair, I thought the Raptor was faster at top end.  Rebel was quicker off of the line.

I have a client that owns a Ram dealership.  He just emailed me a promo clip of the TRX.  Says he will get it to me at his cost when he gets them in.

I love the Rebel, but who knows, maybe that is a deal that I can't pass up.  Overkill for sure, but yah only live once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Man.  I enjoy every minute of my 4 minute ride to work now.  LOL.

I had the standard running boards attached.  I like the look of the boards as they accent the truck.  Got the tonneau cover.  Tri fold and leather.  Much nicer than my old one.

I looked hard at the Raptor.  Love the exterior.  Interior was pretty dull.  I thought the engine of the Raptor was fine.  I didn't notice a lot of difference between the 6 cylinder with turbo versus the 5.7 Hemi and the gearing of the Rebel.  And with how the new Rebel has the enhanced sport hood, to go along with the Night package, I thought the exteriors were too close to justify the extra $40lk on a Raptor.  But, in being fair, I thought the Raptor was faster at top end.  Rebel was quicker off of the line.

I have a client that owns a Ram dealership.  He just emailed me a promo clip of the TRX.  Says he will get it to me at his cost when he gets them in.

I love the Rebel, but who knows, maybe that is a deal that I can't pass up.  Overkill for sure, but yah only live once.

I have the tri-fold tonneau cover also, and the 5.7 Hemi 4x4.  Couldn’t afford the 12” screen now, but I may upgrade in a year or two for a few grand.

Curious, did you get the truck bed side-storage?  I didn’t, because I wanted the extra space in the bed, but they look cool as heck.

Let me know when you test-drive the TRX - sounds like a beast!  Merry Christmas!

I got a VW Golf R a year ago. I've had it to the dealership 4x. Everything has been covered by warranty, but man it's kinda annoying.

Latest was new ignition coils in 2 cylinders. Thing started shuddering and couldn't accelerate. Think I'll have fun with it until warranty end is nearing and then move on.

Super fun car to drive and great in the winter, too. Just a lotta stuff going on under that hood.

Just now, incognito_man said:

i'm having fun watching my 3 and 5 year old trying to walk around the house in their new ice skates lol

*My sister is living in my house because she had to get away from the meth addict father of her child and she doesn't do her ****ing dishes and always stuffs boxes from Amazon packages she orders even though she just filed for bankruptcy and has a kid now.
*My drunk uncle is here hinting at colon cancer and crying at last night's family gathering trying to get attention (I don't believe he has cancer and I think it's an attention seeking thing, but how do you say, "I think you're faking your hints at having cancer?" 
*My mom is drinking already even though she has a severe kidney problem and was born with three kidneys and a tiny bit too much to drink for her makes it like she just chugged a huge thing of tequila.
*My boss wouldn't let me work today.
*My hernia is acting up. 
*I made an appointment for my aching tooth three weeks ago and I'm still two weeks from the appointment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

*My sister is living in my house because she had to get away from the meth addict father of her child and she doesn't do her ****ing dishes and always stuffs boxes from Amazon packages she orders even though she just filed for bankruptcy and has a kid now.
*My drunk uncle is here hinting at colon cancer and crying at last night's family gathering trying to get attention (I don't believe he has cancer and I think it's an attention seeking thing, but how do you say, "I think you're faking your hints at having cancer?" 
*My mom is drinking already even though she has a severe kidney problem and was born with three kidneys and a tiny bit too much to drink for her makes it like she just chugged a huge thing of tequila.
*My boss wouldn't let me work today.
*My hernia is acting up. 
*I made an appointment for my aching tooth three weeks ago and I'm still two weeks from the appointment. 

at least you have us

• Like 1