TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 12/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, Sasquatch said:

I have the tri-fold tonneau cover also, and the 5.7 Hemi 4x4.  Couldn’t afford the 12” screen now, but I may upgrade in a year or two for a few grand.

Curious, did you get the truck bed side-storage?  I didn’t, because I wanted the extra space in the bed, but they look cool as heck.

Let me know when you test-drive the TRX - sounds like a beast!  Merry Christmas!

I despise the look of the truck bed side storage.  And I have no use for it.  I want all the space in the bed where I put my fishing gear.  What I did get was the LED lighting inside the bed, the step to help me step into the bed and the tie down hooks to secure everything in the bed.

If I used more tools in the truck, then I'd like that storage feature.  But I don't.

Found out that this Rebel is just a touch taller than my 2017.  It barely fits into the garage (height).  

And I love how they re-did the tonneau cover.  Much easier to lock it down and keep it snug!

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I despise the look of the truck bed side storage.  And I have no use for it.  I want all the space in the bed where I put my fishing gear.  What I did get was the LED lighting inside the bed, the step to help me step into the bed and the tie down hooks to secure everything in the bed.

If I used more tools in the truck, then I'd like that storage feature.  But I don't.

Found out that this Rebel is just a touch taller than my 2017.  It barely fits into the garage (height).  

And I love how they re-did the tonneau cover.  Much easier to lock it down and keep it snug!

My Rebel didn’t come with the tonneau cover so I purchased the BakFlip tri-fold, which I really like.  I have the bed lights also - which are incredibly useful with the bed cover.  You clearly got the completely loaded down Rebel....and I’m jealous.  That being said, I installed several items myself that you have (bed-step, retractable running rails, tonneau cover) and I have virtually everything else you have (heated steering, leather, built-in cell phone charger, etc.)

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

My Rebel didn’t come with the tonneau cover so I purchased the BakFlip tri-fold, which I really like.  I have the bed lights also - which are incredibly useful with the bed cover.  You clearly got the completely loaded down Rebel....and I’m jealous.  That being said, I installed several items myself that you have (bed-step, retractable running rails, tonneau cover) and I have virtually everything else you have (heated steering, leather, built-in cell phone charger, etc.)

Yah, I got mine decked out because my old one had all the fancy features and I grew to love them.

The 12 inch touchscreen is amazing.

If I were driving home during a Packer game, I could stream the game onto that screen.  Use the adaptive cruise control and lane alarms to keep me straight.  :)

Can't tell you, but you probably already know, just how great a heated steering wheel is in the winter.

You check out the back seat yet?  I was told they made it 3 inches longer, and as most women will tell you, 3 inches more is a big deal.  

Lots of room in the back and I usually have the seats flipped up to store all my stuff there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, I got mine decked out because my old one had all the fancy features and I grew to love them.

The 12 inch touchscreen is amazing.

If I were driving home during a Packer game, I could stream the game onto that screen.  Use the adaptive cruise control and lane alarms to keep me straight.  :)

Can't tell you, but you probably already know, just how great a heated steering wheel is in the winter.

You check out the back seat yet?  I was told they made it 3 inches longer, and as most women will tell you, 3 inches more is a big deal.  

Lots of room in the back and I usually have the seats flipped up to store all my stuff there.

Love the back seat.  Tons of room.  And yes to three extra inches.😆

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, incognito_man said:

I got a VW Golf R a year ago. I've had it to the dealership 4x. Everything has been covered by warranty, but man it's kinda annoying.

Latest was new ignition coils in 2 cylinders. Thing started shuddering and couldn't accelerate. Think I'll have fun with it until warranty end is nearing and then move on.

Super fun car to drive and great in the winter, too. Just a lotta stuff going on under that hood.

Dang. That sucks. I've always heard that about VW's Audi's but never owned one. I have a Tundra. in a couple years Ill likely keep it for hauling/towing and get a EV like a used Tesla for driving around. EVs are the future.

• Like 1