TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

How many of you guys went to Favre's HoF induction ceremony in Canton? Anybody? I'm really hoping to go to Aaron's the 5 years after he retires with my pops. He lives 2 hours from Canton and we've made that trip prior to Favre's induction and it was cool. I got to take him to his first game at Lambeau last year vs the Redskins and he marveled at the Packers HoF. Made my year tbqh. He's only 57 but I'm hoping he's still around when Rodgers goes into Canton. My family on my dad's side doesn't have the best history of long lives (great grandpa went at 58, grandpa went at 61) and my dad's had plenty of scares over the years but it would be magical to be there with him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How many of you guys went to Favre's HoF induction ceremony in Canton? Anybody? I'm really hoping to go to Aaron's the 5 years after he retires with my pops. He lives 2 hours from Canton and we've made that trip prior to Favre's induction and it was cool. I got to take him to his first game at Lambeau last year vs the Redskins and he marveled at the Packers HoF. Made my year tbqh. He's only 57 but I'm hoping he's still around when Rodgers goes into Canton. My family on my dad's side doesn't have the best history of long lives (great grandpa went at 58, grandpa went at 61) and my dad's had plenty of scares over the years but it would be magical to be there with him. 

Long live your father, and may you both return to Canton for Rodgers induction!  It’s very high on my bucket list also.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Long live your father, and may you both return to Canton for Rodgers induction!  It’s very high on my bucket list also.

Dude, it was so amazing getting to surprise him with those tickets. I have a really good friend that found out that my dad had never gone to Lambeau and he was like "hell no, every Packer fan deserves to go" and refused to let me pay for the tickets. My dad took so many photos and was just a kid in a candy shop the entire weekend. That phone call to tell him we were going was the best moment of my life. Haven't always had the best relationship but, in time, as we got older, it all made sense and now I couldn't imagine my life without him. That weekend is, and likely always will be, the best weekend of my life.

EDIT - And thank you for that. It's greatly appreciated.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, it was so amazing getting to surprise him with those tickets. I have a really good friend that found out that my dad had never gone to Lambeau and he was like "hell no, every Packer fan deserves to go" and refused to let me pay for the tickets. My dad took so many photos and was just a kid in a candy shop the entire weekend. That phone call to tell him we were going was the best moment of my life. Haven't always had the best relationship but, in time, as we got older, it all made sense and now I couldn't imagine my life without him. That weekend is, and likely always will be, the best weekend of my life.

That is a great story.  Gonna call my dad tomorrow and tell him I’ll take him to Canton for Rodger’s enshrinement. He’s been a Packer fan for over 70 years and I only hope he’ll live that long also!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Dang. That sucks. I've always heard that about VW's Audi's but never owned one. I have a Tundra. in a couple years Ill likely keep it for hauling/towing and get a EV like a used Tesla for driving around. EVs are the future.

I had an Audi A4. It was a dream to drive, hugged the road like no vehicle I've ever owned (not that I'm Carroll Shelby here) but they are a bit temperamental. 

I was just in the market for a new car. I know a Chevy Volt isn't as sexy as a Tesla, but I do like the idea behind it (short range EV, hybrid engine past 30-40 mi). In the reviews I read, people were talking about "I've used a gallon of gas this year" and "still on the full tank from the dealership 5 months later." Most of the benefits of EV but without "range anxiety." Though TBF range anxiety is going away as battery tech improves - "oh, I can refuel in 5 minutes but it takes 30 minutes to get a charge." So? Eat, take a nap, relax for a bit. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I did not.  But...it is one of my biggest regrets.  Not taking my dad to that ceremony.  He's gone now, and I miss him every day.  It has been really, really tough for me the past month and a half.  

If you are even thinking about it now, commit to it.  Wish I had.  Not for me, but for him.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1