TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Just now, Norm said:

I tried to throw some in the cart a couple months ago and she was having none of it. But it's happening eventually. 

I've had three beverage ideas:

(1) Vending machine for on-tap cold brew coffee and kombucha. Like a pay-per-ounce machine.

(2) Custom soft-drink syrups. You build ingredients and order. Everything from flavors, sweeteners, colors, enhancements, caffeine, etc. Can never find exactly the soda I want. Like sodastream syrups, but completely customizable.

(3) Vending machine that one can order a 12pack or case of custom sodas. Vending machine would mix syrups, contain bubble making system (CO2 and/or nitro) and a mobile canning unit all in one). Would go in like grocery stores or theme parks (Mickey Mouse Punch!).

Just now, incognito_man said:

(1) Vending machine for on-tap cold brew coffee and kombucha. Like a pay-per-ounce machine.

(2) Custom soft-drink syrups. You build ingredients and order. Everything from flavors, sweeteners, colors, enhancements, caffeine, etc. Can never find exactly the soda I want. Like sodastream syrups, but completely customizable.

(3) Vending machine that one can order a 12pack or case of custom sodas. Vending machine would mix syrups, contain bubble making system (CO2 and/or nitro) and a mobile canning unit all in one). Would go in like grocery stores or theme parks (Mickey Mouse Punch!).

So here's the question. Why do these not already exist?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

My apartment building has a starbucks machine.  It isn't that specific, but you have a few options.  That first one is totally doable.

The second one is actually pretty common.  I know there is one at the Qdoba that is near my house, and I think I have seen coke machines like that in Burger King or Wendy's too.  Like, you can make orange, vanilla sprite, if you want.  It doesn't have an extra caffeine option, but that can't be that difficult to add.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll answer you. It's too ******* niche. You need to invent stupid *** **** like a tooth brush that brushes your teeth while you sleep. You know, the dumbest idea ever. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Coke Freestyle machine comes partway there.

I think custom businesses are hard to take off. But I've never started any business so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Another idea is to reduce food waste by building a mobile dehydration unit and going to supermarkets to take their produce they otherwise throw away (for free) and turn it into fruit and veggie powder that currently sells for like $2.50/oz.

Partner with the grocery store, get free food supply and then resell right there. Every mobile unit is complete "factory" for producing bottled powder. Like mini-semi sized.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

My apartment building has a starbucks machine.  It isn't that specific, but you have a few options.  That first one is totally doable.

The second one is actually pretty common.  I know there is one at the Qdoba that is near my house, and I think I have seen coke machines like that in Burger King or Wendy's too.  Like, you can make orange, vanilla sprite, if you want.  It doesn't have an extra caffeine option, but that can't be that difficult to add.

Yep, the freestyle machines are pretty close, but still not 100% custom.

Like I want a caffeine free, colorless, half sugar, have stevia soda with creatine (or whatever)

Just now, incognito_man said:

Another idea is to reduce food waste by building a mobile dehydration unit and going to supermarkets to take their produce they otherwise throw away (for free) and turn it into fruit and veggie powder that currently sells for like $2.50/oz.

This is a good idea. But the world isn't ready for this intelligent of thinking. Can you take all their waste food and make it into terrible booze for college students? Now there you go.

I'm giving you a hard time but you know what I mean. You ever watch Shark Tank? Jesus F. Ideas so terrible I'd be scared to admit them out loud and they run around with shirts and choreography to sell it.

And they won't even give them to starving people in Texas for free. They ain't gonna give it to anyone trying to make a buck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Coke Freestyle machine comes partway there.

I think custom businesses are hard to take off. But I've never started any business so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Partner with the grocery store, get free food supply and then resell right there. Every mobile unit is complete "factory" for producing bottled powder. Like mini-semi sized.

Yeah, that coke machine was what I was talking about.

The dehydrated produce idea is pretty good.  A major retailer like WalMart would probably really be into it.  But you would have to make it very cost effective.  They already have the supply, but there would need to be packaging facilities.  I think with the way that they network their stores, they would be more than happy to have their empty trucks return said produce, so that there wasn't an empty truck running.  I do think they would centralize some sort of facility.  So it likely wouldn't be fully on site.