TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, that coke machine was what I was talking about.

The dehydrated produce idea is pretty good.  A major retailer like WalMart would probably really be into it.  But you would have to make it very cost effective.  They already have the supply, but there would need to be packaging facilities.  I think with the way that they network their stores, they would be more than happy to have their empty trucks return said produce, so that there wasn't an empty truck running.  I do think they would centralize some sort of facility.  So it likely wouldn't be fully on site.

I agree. The logistics seem workable though, especially if you save money by not hauling all that water weight around. Same idea, but deploy units to farms as well where there is a LOT of food waste left on fields.

Shipping costs reduce by at least 10x for dehydrated product.

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm a glorified nerd with VERY humble roots. And this is a smart group here for sure. Lotta smart people on here.

A very successful lawyer friend of mine once said that he believes that everyone has something to offer.  The older I get, the more I appreciate that statement.  For example, I am much more educated, and probably more intelligent than the A/C repair man.  You know what I can't do? Repair an A/C unit.  

I like that everyone here has their own opinions, and are reasonably good at supporting those opinions.  It makes for good discussion.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

A very successful lawyer friend of mine once said that he believes that everyone has something to offer.  The older I get, the more I appreciate that statement.  For example, I am much more educated, and probably more intelligent than the A/C repair man.  You know what I can't do? Repair an A/C unit.  

I like that everyone here has their own opinions, and are reasonably good at supporting those opinions.  It makes for good discussion.  

I think this is a very Japan sentiment, too. There is no shame there in "lower" roles that there kinda is in the US. I like that.

• Like 1

But what about @Norm?

I'll never understand why so many people can't see that, or just don't want to.