TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I just finished that as well. I'm typically a huge skeptic and think 99.9999% of conspiracy theories are bunk, but this one has at least some legs IMO.

If I had to bet, I'd bet there were multiple people involved.

7 hours ago, Norm said:

I watched this too but did no follow up, if you do and find something that debunks it easily tag me about it

The biggest issue that I have was actually covered in the final episode.  Was there more than one shooter? Sure, that is possible.  But the guy's conspiracy just kept getting bigger and bigger.  And by the end, when you listen to Berkowitz, he is mostly just agreeing with Terry rather than actually giving any information.  

It is very interesting.  I just don't believe that there is an international satanic murder cult.  I think the link between Berkowitz and the Carr brothers was pretty solid.  The rest was pretty loose IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The biggest issue that I have was actually covered in the final episode.  Was there more than one shooter? Sure, that is possible.  But the guy's conspiracy just kept getting bigger and bigger.  And by the end, when you listen to Berkowitz, he is mostly just agreeing with Terry rather than actually giving any information.  

It is very interesting.  I just don't believe that there is an international satanic murder cult.  I think the link between Berkowitz and the Carr brothers was pretty solid.  The rest was pretty loose IMO. 

Agreed across the board. Terry couldn't help himself and got too broad in his investigation and started to pull at ANY strings anytime he hit a dead-end.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Never bought the satanic crap ever. Just an easy excuse for evil. But it does make some sense he wasn't doing that on his own. This is also the same guy who iirc later admitted the whole dog thing was BS. But doesn't mean he still claimed all of them? I'm still fuzzy now on the whole thing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norm said:

Never bought the satanic crap ever. Just an easy excuse for evil. But it does make some sense he wasn't doing that on his own. This is also the same guy who iirc later admitted the whole dog thing was BS. But doesn't mean he still claimed all of them? I'm still fuzzy now on the whole thing

I'll even buy the satanic cult stuff, if it is limited to Berkowitz and the Carr brothers.  But once you start adding the two movie guys, that were obviously mixed up in a lot of cocaine trafficking, and Charles Manson, and Scientology, and some hippie from London, I become very skeptical.   

I will also say that the satanic graffiti looks a lot like the work of some edgy 14 year olds that stole a couple of beers and a can of spray paint and were hanging out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Norm said:

God this gives me PTSD from the whole 80's decade. Everybody's parents were in a panic over satan everywhere. I wish there would have been camera phones back then because a lot of people would be super embarrassed now lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

God this gives me PTSD from the whole 80's decade. Everybody's parents were in a panic over satan everywhere. I wish there would have been camera phones back then because a lot of people would be super embarrassed now lol

I'm really glad there were no camera phones in the 80's and especially the 90's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm very happy that there was no f-book when the 90's rolled around and my teenage butt didn't have a platform to show the world how stupid I really am.

Oh.  Wait.  I do post here now, so..........

Elections are soon going to get interesting as millennials run for office with all the "Internet never forgets" stuff of their pasts lol

• Like 2

On 5/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, incognito_man said:

Elections are soon going to get interesting as millennials run for office with all the "Internet never forgets" stuff of their pasts lol

It's already happened several times. My boss' son works as a consultant for conservative Super PAC's and political campaigns. Part of his job involves a potential candidate meeting with said boss' son and two or three other people from his firm where they ask all sorts of extremely personal questions - right down to extra-marital affairs if they apply, the unfortunate blackface parties SAE and other frats/organizations have been known throw from time to time, and other similar things that could be used against a candidate. Politicians are quickly starting to realize that if they have any sort of incriminating photos, texts, etc. that they need to disclose these issues with said consultants before even running. If they don't disclose such dirty laundry, you get Matt Gaetz...

On 5/18/2021 at 11:49 AM, Kepler said:

Blame Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and the evangelicals for that crap. Part of the reason my family moved away from Texas after I went off to undergrad in '98 was to get away from all that $#!^ in Texas...

• Like 2