TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 5/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, incognito_man said:

Elections are soon going to get interesting as millennials run for office with all the "Internet never forgets" stuff of their pasts lol

There was a rough period for professional athletes (Josh Harder immediately springs to mind) before agents and publicists got good at purging that stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Is Gilbert Gottfried supposed to be funny?

36 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's awful

Isn't he the parrot on Aladdin?

He was the voice of the Aflac duck for years.  Until he made a joke about the deaths of Japanese folks after the earthquake and the tsunami.  (Most of the Aflac investors are Japanese.)  Oops.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's awful

Isn't he the parrot on Aladdin?

I never thought about it before today but never once have I be ever thought about laughing at anything he said. He was a guest on a YouTube show video and it was so incredibly awful. How the hell did he make a career out of that lol. I guess I just never thought about it before

There's a sitcom on Netflix called Episodes, starring Matt LeBlanc as Matt LeBlanc.    I thought it was hilarious.    In one of the seasons Matt hosts a gameshow called "The Cube" in which you can earn points to give yourself an advantage or comfort OR to make someone's life torture in another Cube.   One of the punishements was to have Gilbert Gottfried stand in your opponents Cube for 24 hrs reading and generally talking to them in that damn voice.       Such a great scene and so spot on

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Bravo.  Sierra.

Lots of Stern fans on the Facebook groups miss Gottfried and reference the answering message he left someone with his normal voice lol.

His reading of the lyrics to WAP is hilarious.

10 hours ago, Norm said:

I never thought about it before today but never once have I be ever thought about laughing at anything he said. He was a guest on a YouTube show video and it was so incredibly awful. How the hell did he make a career out of that lol. I guess I just never thought about it before

It’s funny because just a couple of weeks ago I randomly remembered the radio DJ character from Ford Fairlane and tried to find more about him. I also watched half of a couple YouTube videos of him before shutting the thing off, wondering how the hell the guy had any type of success.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

It’s funny because just a couple of weeks ago I randomly remembered the radio DJ character from Ford Fairlane and tried to find more about him. I also watched half of a couple YouTube videos of him before shutting the thing off, wondering how the hell the guy had any type of success.

Let me shed a little light on the entertainment and commercial industry for you. I work in marketing for the Hershey Corporation and we're constantly looking for ways to make our ads get stuck in people's heads. We will literally hire certain actors that, shall we say, annoy TF out of you so long as you remember the commercial. We all know that any press is good press(ie: a particular politician and a particular pop singer) and that as long as our name is on your lips we've been successful in our marketing efforts.

DJ falls into the category of role type actors(ie: Pine Sol woman, Dell Computer dude, etc.), but there are also a whole army of actors whose works are diverse, yet they get pigeonholed into their most memorable role; such as Flo from Progressive, a comedienne who has had numerous bit roles in movies over the years. That said, many of these role type actors tend to be a flash in the pan given that their particular character is very popular typically over a 10-18 month span - DJ falls into that group. Said group is a dangerous way to work as an actor as once you enter through that tiny window into an incredibly successful role(ie: Dell Computer dude in particular) the window shuts behind you and you ride out the rest of your career until that character ends....along with your career.

Edited by Joe

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

DJ falls into the category of role type actors(ie: Pine Sol woman, Dell Computer dude, etc.), but there are also a whole army of actors whose works are diverse, yet they get pigeonholed into their most memorable role; such as Flo from Progressive, a comedienne who has had numerous bit roles in movies over the years. That said, many of these role type actors tend to be a flash in the pan given that their particular character is very popular typically over a 10-18 month span - DJ falls into that group. Said group is a dangerous way to work as an actor as once you enter through that tiny window into an incredibly successful role(ie: Dell Computer dude in particular) the window shuts behind you and you ride out the rest of your career until that character ends....along with your career.

The Dell Computer dude.....

Not ringing any bells. How old was that ad? I cant remember a Dell Computer ad,