TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'd give us no better than 50/50 odds we destroy ourselves prior to establishing long-term colonies elsewhere.

Second sentence agreed 100%

How long term is "long term?" Is it a unit of time, or stability? 

I don't think that we will destroy ourselves either.  At some point all species will go extinct.  I think it will be a combination of a pandemic and a natural disaster that takes humans to a breaking point.  Though we are very adaptable, and it may just greatly reduce the population.  The pandemic may not even be something that directly harms humans, but a plant disease or something that greatly disturbs food production.

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

How long term is "long term?" Is it a unit of time, or stability? 

I don't think that we will destroy ourselves either.  At some point all species will go extinct.  I think it will be a combination of a pandemic and a natural disaster that takes humans to a breaking point.  Though we are very adaptable, and it may just greatly reduce the population.  The pandemic may not even be something that directly harms humans, but a plant disease or something that greatly disturbs food production.

I'd define it as propogating the species indefinitely.

4 hours ago, Norm said:

I found the greatest video game ever made

you know, something like that would have made typing class suck a whole lot less.  I probably would have learned much faster.  Instead I didn't know how to type until I started playing online games and couldn't communicate for **** because I was too slow.  

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

you know, something like that would have made typing class suck a whole lot less.  I probably would have learned much faster.  Instead I didn't know how to type until I started playing online games and couldn't communicate for **** because I was too slow.  

I downloaded it and it absolutely would have improved mine. I didn't play long because my desktop is down and my laptop keyboard is garbage but it's legit addicting even after only a minute or two in

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

By that definition, is Earth a long term colony though? Nothing is infinite, except infinity...

I should rephrase: if some place other than earth contains humans that have survivors for at least one full generation that were not born on earth. 

i.e. some earthians leave earth. All humanity ceases to exist on earth. Those former earthians raise a generation that are born and reproduce themselves.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I should rephrase: if some place other than earth contains humans that have survivors for at least one full generation that were not born on earth. 

i.e. some earthians leave earth. All humanity ceases to exist on earth. Those former earthians raise a generation that are born and reproduce themselves.

I'm assuming you're referring to humans that found a way off this earth at some point in time and never came back for whatever reason. Therefore, we probably would've found the evidence of that occurring by now unless it's buried in some remote location that is practically impossible to reach for whatever reason.

56 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm assuming you're referring to humans that found a way off this earth at some point in time and never came back for whatever reason. Therefore, we probably would've found the evidence of that occurring by now unless it's buried in some remote location that is practically impossible to reach for whatever reason.

I am definitely not saying that has happened in the past lol