TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone have one of those cool blankets?

I really like to bundle up in the covers when I sleep.  But I am a heat producing SOB.  I am almost always hot.  I have been looking at bamboo blankets, do they work?  Also, check this out, it looks awesome, but I don't want to spend that much,  https://www.chilitechnology.com/

I thought Pugger was the only girl here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone have one of those cool blankets?

I really like to bundle up in the covers when I sleep.  But I am a heat producing SOB.  I am almost always hot.  I have been looking at bamboo blankets, do they work?  Also, check this out, it looks awesome, but I don't want to spend that much,  https://www.chilitechnology.com/

I have a bamboo pillow. Head never gets hot. Greatest 200 I've ever spent.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My AC unit needs recharged and I can't get anyone here til Wednesday. >:( It's currently 79 degrees in my house lol

Dont know where you live, but it's probably hotter inside than out. Get yourself some window fans at Lowes/Home Depot and have them blow in during the night.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dont know where you live, but it's probably hotter inside than out. Get yourself some window fans at Lowes/Home Depot and have them blow in during the night.

Live in Milwaukee. I'm doing alright, considering. I've got two fans on high blowing on me and it seems fine. We'll see how it feels when the sun comes up lol.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Live in Milwaukee. I'm doing alright, considering. I've got two fans on high blowing on me and it seems fine. We'll see how it feels when the sun comes up lol.

You'll be fine. Note I didnt say "completely comfortable"...but, I live in Florida and that happened to me during the summertime.
How did I know about the fan technique? Because I lived it for a few days....and its true...at night it is cooler outside than in.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

My AC unit needs recharged and I can't get anyone here til Wednesday. >:(

It's currently 79 degrees in my house lol

I have found that creating a wind tunnel works very well.  Put a box fan blowing in one window, then put one blowing out a window on the other side of your house.  It will blow some hot air in, but the movement will help cool you more than the same stagnant warm air from just a fan.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol different worlds here. I’m lucky to get down to 79 with both AC units on full on hot days. The summer I moved in I’d have triple digit temps inside with the AC running. That was before the old unit got replaced and I added a second portable one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Little hack....

Take your CLEAN underwear, whatever they may be and put them in the freezer.  In fact, put a few in there.  If you are cold, take a pair out, slip them on and then see how you feel.

I went a few summers without air conditioning and this did wonders for me.

Shirts were good that way, too.

17 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Lol different worlds here. I’m lucky to get down to 79 with both AC units on full on hot days. The summer I moved in I’d have triple digit temps inside with the AC running. That was before the old unit got replaced and I added a second portable one. 

i just leave my windows open and get a draft thru the house, but my thermostat is almost in the 80s lol 

Anybody else get really mad at your own party, and then get mad at someone else’s party for blaming your party when how you think your party should be is supposed to agree more with their party than your party, making you really wish everyone at that party would come to your party and see how your party is according to how you think your party should be?